Silent Majority > SBMM Crybabies

by DankToliet

Original Post

Re: Silent Majority > SBMM Crybabies

★ Guide

@DankToliet thats because youre not as good as other players.

Message 11 of 25 (568 Views)

★★★ Pro
@IlIlIIllIlIlIl that's fine, I'm better than you and that's all that counts.
Message 12 of 25 (544 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Here we go again, topic get distracted, insult starting, thread going to be locked down.

Keep it on the topic guys, and keep it contructive, since our goal is the same, make Apex GREAT again !

Message 13 of 25 (536 Views)

★★ Guide
@asukojo I like that ideology but we’d need a full revamp of the current developers and get rid of who ever is doing the store rotations.

Actually just sell the game to epicgames ,bioware,dice,respawn ect all are worse than infinityward never knew that could be possible.
Message 14 of 25 (508 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@DankToliet

Player skill exists on a bell curve. There is the low skill group, the average skill group, and the high skill group.

Fact #1: The ONLY reason SBMM exists is because it keeps those in the low skilled group safe from playing the other two groups. This means they are more likely to give the company MONEY. That’s the absolute bottom line: $$$ for EA.

Fact #2: The only group of players who benefit from FORCED SBMM are those in the low skill group. When you force average players into lobbies with other average players, the matches are still fairly tight and stressful. This experience becomes even more relentless as the player skill goes up. Lobbies become close to unplayable because of the high skill and RNG.

Fact #3: SBMM results in equal outcomes rather than equal opportunities. Players of all skill tend to have the same win/loss ratio because they are always playing opponents specifically selected to make the lobby as competitive as possible. This means low and high skilled players win about the same amount. Equal outcomes.
Message 15 of 25 (488 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@DankToliet how u know that ? wanna find out?

I added u

Message 16 of 25 (458 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@Axs5626Sxa5001 preach dat sh** boi

OP is out here tryin to look hard

Message 17 of 25 (440 Views)

@DankToliet and @IlIlIIllIlIlIl you can both make your points without flaming/insulting each other. 

@KelRiever  Keep in mind that ranked is for competitive play, it's an area competitive gamers go to earn rewards/bragging rights. It's not necessarily there so people can play with similarly skilled players. As for whether or not SBMM is needed, it depends on the game. BR are still a free for all even with SBMM. If they don't implement SBMM in some form you'll see the player population decline. Medium and Low skilled players will burnout on getting slaughtered by high skill players and leave the game.  SBMM provides a system that allows players of skill levels to find an area that's fun and enjoyable for them. Why shouldn't low or medium skill players have that opportunity? You're welcome to go read the dozens of complaints on the forum right now from people who are frustrated with lobbies that are to hard for them.

Any other shooter? I have played other FPS games that lack SBMM. I deleted one off of my xbox recently, I got sick of joining lobbies in which both teams would start out with 700 respawn tickets, my team would lose by 500+ respawns. It was not so much that we lost, it was more about the fact that hardly anyone on my team would have a positive KD. Most would have maybe 15-20 kills if they were lucky and 20+ deaths. Finding competitive servers that were fun was next to impossible. That problem would be made worse because once that starts to happen people leave the server. I'd say 65-75% of the people I met while playing that game have deleted it off of their xbox. 

You claim you want to enjoy and relax? How do you think the medium and low skill players feel if they are dumped into a lobby with a team that kills half the lobby?  I can tell you right now, that's not fun, enjoyable or relaxing for them. Even if the low skill players can find a duo who will carry them, they get frustrated. Being forced to play against squads they stand 0 chance of beating.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 18 of 25 (428 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@DarthValtrexyou can also choose not to get involved but here u are being nosey

workin for respawn for free are we

Message 19 of 25 (426 Views)

★★ Guide

Why are you guys defending sbmm the way it is lol. You do realize it is really bad for the people progressing in the game, the way you get better is by playing the actual matches. But if you keep getting paired with rank 200s- predators, you don’t really get a chance to apply that skill/win. Sbmm does definitely need to get fixed, the game is nearly unplayable with all these high ranks.

Message 20 of 25 (381 Views)