Re: Silent Footsteps still happening

by Wingmannedbro

Original Post

Silent Footsteps still happening

★★ Novice

You have a great game here.  Its new, so i took some time off hoping that you were going to fix some of the issues.  All new games have growing pains.  You addressed some of the cheaters, i rarely see them anymore on PC, and i acknowledge that you can't get them all.  The most infuriating thing for me is a game that is based on sound and needing to know where people are around you, you still can't fix the footsteps behind you.  Your most recent patch was supposed to address this, and i finally got back on to play and 5 games, 5 times in a row i die to a Caustic or a wraith right behind me, no clue, didn't hear them.  

As a community attempting to help you grow and better your game, what can we give you to help address these obvious, game breaking, concerns?  People link you videos and you delete them for name shaming, is there a specific email we can send links to for clips of stuff happening? Its getting to the point that even after time off, people who don't get to play the game every day, day in, day out, are obviously starting to migrate to other games and away from yours.  How can we help you better yourselves? 

Message 1 of 7 (1,147 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Yep, I played with the game after the patch. Now I'm leaving again, because its still broken.

Message 2 of 7 (1,127 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Hi @Greystreett and welcome to the forums!

You can send reports of cheats you encounter along with any evidence you may have to EAC here. Cheating is a major pain in the neck but unfortunately there are a lot of players who simply keep on cheating regardless. 

Regarding the audio, the recent update addressed some of the audio issues but the team at Respawn continue to monitor the situation:

"AUDIO FIXES AND IMPROVEMENTS

One of our biggest issues to tackle was improving the audio performance to address issues reported of sounds dropping out, sounds missing for extended time, or distortion for a period of time. We have made improvements both in our code and with our content that will hopefully fix these issues for many players, and for others, at least lower the amount and length of time they encounter audio issues.

We have also addressed some of the other mix issues with the game, including increasing the volume of close proximity enemy footsteps and lowering the overall volume of the game from the character select screen to the end of the drop sequence. We will continue to monitor mix issues and address them as necessary. Below are the notes of improvements we’ve included in today’s patch and we’re continuing to work on future improvements.

PERFORMANCE

• Improved audio engine to be around 30% more CPU efficient, lessening the chance of distortion or dropouts.

• Lowered impact on data loading through code and content changes to improve potential dropout issues."

Source.

I also found a video a while ago, before the recent patch, about surround sound in Apex which you may find of interest. It certainly helped me understand more about the way the audio works.

Message 3 of 7 (1,083 Views)

★★★★ Pro

Although audio has improved, nearly al my games yesterday had nearly zero footsteps sounds.

Go tthird partied a few times with enemies running up on me with zero audio cue.

Message 4 of 7 (1,065 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Expert

How would you know they were running in the first place?

I sneak up on nearby enemies every single game, as does everyone who's any good at this kind of game.

Having the element of surprise usually means it's a wrap.

Message 5 of 7 (1,045 Views)

★ Guide
I have been silently run up on by a team on market roof post patch. I know this because I turned around and was shocked to see a full team running at me. Pre patch that never happened to me unless they were crouching, and even then the sound was so good I could even hear the slight sounds of a crouch-walking opponent if I was standing still. Now with the generally muffled sound, that is impossible.
Message 6 of 7 (1,021 Views)

★★ Apprentice
Same here.. Barely any footsteps at all.
Message 7 of 7 (1,012 Views)