Silencer attachments!? [Rare Gold Item]

by PA94303

Original Post

Silencer attachments!? [Rare Gold Item]

★ Guide

We have yet to see a silencer attachment for any gun in Apex Legends gameplay. It’s not something that’s needed right away but I think it would change gameplay in a stealthy way making people more cautious and a slight advantage when it comes to 3v1 battles. Maybe inserting it into gameplay as a gold item only would be great and something to keep in mind. Guns and silencers just makes for a great predator experience. Just imagine it being implemented into gameplay, cool right? I can’t be the only person in the Apex community who has thought about this in the hopes of one day seeing it in live gameplay. Only edge it gives those who use it is your shots are much more silent and perhaps makes your bullets a bit more less seeable to the human eye, it doesn’t make your gun OP and if that is your argument, the silencer can decrease range or damage and your problem is solved. There’s nothing OP about a silencer though in my opinion. It would be a dope feature. Please consider this! LMK your guys’ opinion. Thank you! 

Message 1 of 13 (1,459 Views)

Re: Silencer attachments!? [Rare Gold Item]

★ Guide
@PA94303 I hope they never put silencers in this game. The sound is such a huge part of Apex. This is all campers need.
Message 2 of 13 (1,416 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@PA94303 Hellll naww, a silencer in this game with the audio as broken as it is? If you come up behind a team with an R99 and a devotion/havoc supercharged you’re basically bagging that team!

I like the idea of a silencer but before that they have to fix everything that’s wrong with the audio!
Message 3 of 13 (1,381 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

just no.

Don't motivate camping in this game more then the developers are already doing.

Message 4 of 13 (1,372 Views)

Champion

If there was a weapon in this game that had a silencer I think it would have to be a care package weapon, with limited ammo.

Hey there I'm a volunteered Champion! I don't work for EA I just like to help out around the forums, keep the peace and submit ideas to the community.

Did I answer your question? Please leave some tasty XP or even mark as a solution!

Got some QOL ideas for Apex? Add them here: 

Apex Legends QOL Collection

Message 5 of 13 (1,362 Views)

★ Pro

Golden barrel attachment is already "special" - it hides the flash.

Message 6 of 13 (1,357 Views)

★ Guide

A campers going to camp regardless; silencer or not. And that is also why I said make it a rare golden item. There extremely rare. I have only seen a damn golden stabilizer 3x since I started playing this game back when it was released so I’m sure it’ll be a similar thing with adding a silencer. Or like one of you responded, attach it to a gold supply drop gun in the near future which allows us to have a silencer implemented on one specific overpowered gun. I still think it’s a great idea. Forget about campers because that will always exist. Think about the actual gameplay of it being used the way we would all love it to be showcased. It’s meant for a stealthy approach not camping and I understand that but camping isn’t going anywhere, it’s a style of playing  for certain people, oh well. (No I’m Not A Camper Myself LoL) a Silencer could still potentially be a good attachment added on in the future. Perfect for picking off 3 v 1 battles, flanking enemies in a more meaningful stealthy kinda way. Forget about camping for a moment and think about how a silencer would change the way a gun battle goes in the Apex arenas 

Message 7 of 13 (1,345 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@PA94303 wrote:

A campers going to camp regardless; silencer or not. And that is also why I said make it a rare golden item. There extremely rare. I have only seen a damn golden stabilizer 3x since I started playing this game back when it was released so I’m sure it’ll be a similar thing with adding a silencer. Or like one of you responded, attach it to a gold supply drop gun in the near future which allows us to have a silencer implemented on one specific overpowered gun. I still think it’s a great idea. Forget about campers because that will always exist. Think about the actual gameplay of it being used the way we would all love it to be showcased. It’s meant for a stealthy approach not camping and I understand that but camping isn’t going anywhere, it’s a style of playing  for certain people, oh well. (No I’m Not A Camper Myself LoL) a Silencer could still potentially be a good attachment added on in the future. Perfect for picking off 3 v 1 battles, flanking enemies in a more meaningful stealthy kinda way. Forget about camping for a moment and think about how a silencer would change the way a gun battle goes in the Apex arenas 

Yes campers camp regardless.

But giving them tools to do it better and the developers have been doing that A LOT lately.

Isn't adding to apex legends their strong points.

Being able to shoot people without knowing where it came from.

Being able to shoot people without getting the attention of a 3rd party.

All sounds like things that would ruin apex as it is right now.

When you shoot a gun your exposing yourself.

And that should NEVER change.

Not even rarely.

Message 8 of 13 (1,341 Views)

★★★ Guide

I prefer a skill that quiet the sound of footstep .

Message 9 of 13 (1,336 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide
  • @DaAceXDWell we all agree, it has its pros and konz. I still think it’s a cool idea if they can figure out a way to balance out the camping. Gotta remember camping is a style in warfare so it’s something we will always encounter in a FPS game regardless of in game equipment. We’ll just leave this on the table for EA and Respawn to decide and go over. I appreciate everyone’s input. Like I said from the beginning, it isn’t required, I just think it would be cool to see in the future if the in game experience can be balanced out correctly.
Message 10 of 13 (1,300 Views)