Should we/could we get RP for second place in ranked mode?

by TomatoGun97

Original Post

Should we/could we get RP for second place in ranked mode?

★ Guide

Just a personal thought, but I believe 9RP or 10RP for finishing 2nd in ranked mode would prove beneficial and rewarding for the effort. Plus, if you know you can't win after you've hit 3rd (for example, white armour, being stuck solo, limited meds, having very little ammo, and/or crappy weapons, then what's the point? Just an idea I had. Posted it up to get some opinions in. Hopefully if this is positive enough for people, the devs will see it and consider. Share your thoughts. Keen to hear 'em Standard smile

Message 1 of 19 (488 Views)

Re: Should we/could we get RP for second place in ranked mode?

★★ Expert

@TomatoGun97 

Maybe you should try killing ppl instead of doing absolutely nothing and expecting more rp for it!

Heart

Message 2 of 19 (474 Views)

★★ Guide

Eh honestly I think the point system in general needs a revamp. Right now there isn't much reason to get involved in fights at all because placements give the most points. I'm actually leaning more towards TAKING points away from placements (not completely) just lower the amount given and give more out based on TEAM performance. Like give points on assists and things of that nature maybe some for a revive/respawn. Something that makes teamwork rewarded and gives you a reason to take risks. Right now most people have been climbing by dropping on the outskirts and just camping it out only fighting if ABSOLUTELY needed and that makes for a very bland boring game. Overall just not enough reason to take risks because you'll lose points or just not progress very far. The whole point of all the movement abilities (which is most of them) is supposed to be for some fast paced gun battles and action but now everyone is just using them to hide xD. 

I do understand Respawn said they wanted to shift the meta a little bit I feel like this went super far in the opposite direction as it was before. Needs to be more even across the board in terms of the point spread. 

Message 3 of 19 (473 Views)

★ Guide
@jumanjaydazed lol I play aggro. Hate ranked for its camping. It gets very old very fast that way
Message 4 of 19 (460 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@VisualfEX100% agree with everything you said. It's created a lot of problems. Personally, I don't believe it shows what your true skill level in the game is just because you have a flashy Platinum, Diamond, or Apex Predator badge. Not counting the top players in the world like Shroud and Dizzy, or course, but what i'm saying is, a lot of people do nothing just for placement.

This way, you don't improve yourself, you don't learn anything, and most of all, it makes the game so boring. I don't like the way it completely changes everybody's play style, which it shouldn't do to the extent it has. A little bit is understandable

Message 5 of 19 (456 Views)

★★ Expert

@TomatoGun97 

+1 on the casual play..been having more fun on it these past few days..agreed with the full out force as well...unfortunately we're still being waited on by the campers...good on them for getting the right spots I guess

Heart

Message 6 of 19 (442 Views)

★★ Expert

@VisualfEX 

100%  been 'trying' to finish up gold 1, but my last 10 matches have been with random duos looting and hiding...pretty frustrating to day the least. Another few matches were super low level players who basucally made their way to gold by doing absolutely nothing....So yeah, matbe the points we receuve could use a revamp....up & down

Heart

Message 7 of 19 (439 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Points for damage or kills, which ever is higher. and take the cap off kill points. Absolute killing machines should be in higher rankings 

Message 8 of 19 (404 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

The goal main and ONLY goal of a BR game is to survive and be the last man/team alive. Fighting more does NOT increase chances of achieving that goal. So it makes sense to promote the correct play in ranked mode. In general getting kills, especially early game kills, should not be rewarded at all, because that goes against the idea of the whole game.

Leaving superior position to get kills outside of the zone should be punished, not rewarded. Awarding points for fighting promotes incorrect gameplay - it should NEVER be beneficial to sacrifice win% for kills. Fights should only be taken to increase chance to win (e.g., fight to take superior position, take a highly advantageous fight for loot, etc).

P.S. If everyone played correctly and aimed for just survival, it would NOT be easy to even get to top10 without being FORCED to fight. And yes, the game SHOULD be very passive overall with short bursts of intense action. This IS a survival game after all, not a deathmatch.

P.P.S. How passive the game is, is generally determined by match duration, which in essence is time to last zone. If the last zone closed within 8 minutes, the matches would be very intense (and quite random though) by necessity. Hmm, maybe a blitz mode (maybe during some timed event) would be fun for a while (would get boring fast though).

Message 9 of 19 (362 Views)

★★ Pro
@Biochemikas Without fights the game is not fun and an 8minute crapshoot where it's just down to the luck of who gets focussed last by 16 teams in a circle the size of a beer coaster is the worst possible result for an entertaining game where skill matters.

There's every reason to incentivise fighting because we've seen what pure placement does for the games culture. Elite mode was GARBAGE
Message 10 of 19 (323 Views)