Re: Should trading/gifting come to the game?

by DarthValtrex

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Should trading/gifting come to the game?

★ Novice

So it’s a simple idea and game mechanic you invite a friend or random and you press on them. It opens up their banner and there would be a button saying “Send Trade Request” and it would be just like other games with trading. You have your side and inventory and they would have theirs. I don’t like the idea of needing to put something in to accept (in case you made a bet for an item from their account or something) and I also think that for gifting let’s say you went to give a legend token outfit and tried to gift it to a friend who does not have the original skin then it would say “{User} does not own {Skin needed}. I think this would be a cool feature. Anybody agree?

Message 1 of 9 (692 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
★ Expert

@CyberShadow7987A minimal amount of trades, three at the most, would be a really nice feature. Otherwise, the store transactions would probably take a huge hit which would hurt Respawn in the long run.

View in thread

Message 2 of 9 (673 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★ Expert

@CyberShadow7987A minimal amount of trades, three at the most, would be a really nice feature. Otherwise, the store transactions would probably take a huge hit which would hurt Respawn in the long run.

Message 2 of 9 (674 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Disagree, it open can of worm of hacking, piracy and black market.

Here is sample scenario:

Your account is being hacked, the hacker "Gift" (Steal to be precised) all your legendary stuff, coins, etc to his/her account, then he sell your stuff to the black market (highest bidder) so it's impossible to track where are your items anymore. After that, respawn detect abnormal activity on your account so the account is banned. You wake up the next morning, with your items were gone and your account is banned. WTF moment right ?

Message 3 of 9 (644 Views)

★★★ Expert

While gifting sounds okay if this only enabled with the help of a solid 2FA protection. I'm not sure about the trading aspect given how common it has become for players to have their accounts hacked.

Accounts could have all their valuable cosmetics transferred off of them when someone logs in one day.

Cyber criminals could use a host of accounts to trade an heirloom set between hiding their IP with VPN's.

It seems like that would turn out to be something few players would ever use to begin, but is basically a wet dream for account hackers.

Message 4 of 9 (595 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@CyberShadow7987 It would have to come with restrictions. They would have to be able to track who owns accounts to prevent them from trading with one another. I've been playing since day 1 and don't have an heirloom and I wouldn't hesitate to create a new account to try and collect an heirloom off of that account. As long as someone has 2 PS4's (I do) they can create as many accounts as they want to try and farm legendary skins, finishers, and heirlooms.

I think they should give Legend Tokens more of a purpose like being able to buy more stuff in the store with them and being able to convert X amount of Tokens into Apex Coins which would encourage players to play the game to earn tokens and then convert them in order to acquire more packs and/or skins.
Message 5 of 9 (571 Views)

★★★ Expert

@GCC_Leo wrote:
@CyberShadow7987It would have to come with restrictions. They would have to be able to track who owns accounts to prevent them from trading with one another. I've been playing since day 1 and don't have an heirloom and I wouldn't hesitate to create a new account to try and collect an heirloom off of that account. As long as someone has 2 PS4's (I do) they can create as many accounts as they want to try and farm legendary skins, finishers, and heirlooms.

This is also a good point ^^^ 

Any cosmetic in the game can and will be sold on online markets that were farmed from the free packs from newly created accounts.

Message 6 of 9 (565 Views)

★ Novice

True forgot to mention that 2FA should be added and somewhat like Fortnite (enabling 2FA for your Fortnite account gave you a free dance) so what if enabling 2FA gave you something like a free rare or epic skin for any character? I would enable 2FA if I get a free item.

Message 7 of 9 (530 Views)

★ Novice

You have a valid point so like you said only a certain amount of trade but I’m change that to each week you have 3 trades and then you have to wait till the next week. That way you can still trade and it not be like Fortnite’s 3 refund token thing. You know what I mean? I agree with you tho.

Message 8 of 9 (525 Views)

@CyberShadow7987 Nope, far to easy for adults to take advantage of kids.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 9 of 9 (518 Views)