Re: Should the Alternator be more similar to Titanfall 2?

by duckenomics

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Should the Alternator be more similar to Titanfall 2?

[ Edited ]
Champion

Changing the Alternator's place in the Meta for Season 5

At the moment the Alternator isn't a bad weapon, it's quite consistent whilst hip-firing, but at the moment it's really struggling to find it's place towards the end of the game as it's damage output and DPS is quite low.

In Titanfall, the Alternator has a bit more lateral movement due to the ermm.. alternating. However it actually packs quite a punch as it downs players in about 3 body shots at close range, this however comes at the price of a smaller magazine.

When the Volt (eventually) comes it's going to going to somewhat take the Alternator's place as a slower firing and accurate SMG, So I feel the Alternator needs to step up and become a bit more of a less accurate / higher damage SMG.

Weapon damage 15 > 19

More alternation & lateral movement while firing.

Weapon mag 16 - 20 - 23 - 26 > 14 - 18 - 21 - 24.

What are people's thought on this, would it make the weapon overpowered or would it cement the gun as a weapon you can use effectively all game? Let us know in the feed below!

Hey there I'm a volunteered Champion! I don't work for EA I just like to help out around the forums, keep the peace and submit ideas to the community.

Did I answer your question? Please leave some tasty XP or even mark as a solution!

Got some QOL ideas for Apex? Add them here: 

Apex Legends QOL Collection

Message 1 of 3 (417 Views)

Accepted Solution

Champion

It's damage isn't the root cause of its dps issue to be fair, it's the fire rate. The problem is if you buff this it then will likely overpower the r99.

Personally i think the disruptor should be returned as a hop up, but amended to only offer 3 extra damage to shields per shot.

This would still give the weapon a serious kick against purple shields as it would be a 5 hit break, but wouldnt horrendously overpower the weapon like the old disruptor rounds did.

The RE-45 would reap the benefits as well so a double win in my book. Tongue out

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (401 Views)

All Replies

Champion

It's damage isn't the root cause of its dps issue to be fair, it's the fire rate. The problem is if you buff this it then will likely overpower the r99.

Personally i think the disruptor should be returned as a hop up, but amended to only offer 3 extra damage to shields per shot.

This would still give the weapon a serious kick against purple shields as it would be a 5 hit break, but wouldnt horrendously overpower the weapon like the old disruptor rounds did.

The RE-45 would reap the benefits as well so a double win in my book. Tongue out

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 2 of 3 (402 Views)

★ Apprentice
@MandatoryIDtag I feel like Disruptor rounds was a boring attachment. Every hop-up in Apex is meant to take a weapon and give it something new to bring to the table. The reason why they ditched disruptor and kept hammerpoint wasn't just because the Mozambique and P2020 are terrible weapons, but because in order you utilize hammerpoint, you have to use the weapon after you’ve gotten rid of enemy shields. It’s a challenge to use the P2020 but it is very rewarding if you can land your shots and use it at the right time (not just when running into a gunfight). The only thing disruptor does is turn an already easy-to-use weapon into a shield-melting, easy-to-use weapon.
Message 3 of 3 (342 Views)