Re: Should everyone start with a basic gun?

by vivalavidature

Original Post

Should everyone start with a basic gun?

★★★★★ Apprentice

What is your opinion on the idea of everyone starting with a P2020 and 1 box of light ammo? It's pretty obvious you're immediately screwed if you can't find a basic gun early on when other squads are near. Do you like the feast-or-famine system of people who get screwed by the RNG or should everyone have a basic fighting chance right at the start? We all know it's not very fun to land and just not have a gun anywhere (sometimes you go through 3-4 buildings without finding ANY guns) and then you run into a dude with a shotgun who drops you with zero challenge.

Personally I'd rather see everyone begin with a basic pistol so the early game is little more similar to the eco round in CS:GO. Things would just be a bit more skill based as opposed to a bunch of people knocked out instantly. I already elect not to land in the clusters at the start of the game if I can help it, but what do you think of everyone having a pistol?

Message 1 of 3 (152 Views)

★ Guide

While i do believe it is a good idea, and i can see it happening, i am somewhat opposed to it. 

Now, if someones looting a box you want, you have to run up close, attempt to steal, or attack them.

If your method becomes a thing, i can just land behind someone and shoot them as they go loot what i want.

Your idea, while good, is not really great for a br game. 

Message 2 of 3 (133 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Nah, coming in naked is what makes BR games exciting IMO

Message 3 of 3 (121 Views)