Re: Should be able to report team mates for being a Bot

by johnmiceter

Original Post

Should be able to report team mates for being a Bot

★★ Guide

You know those team mates that run off from the team and are like 500m away from you and run into the first fight and die instantly ? And as soon as you get near them or run into and go for their banner they quit.

Ive been noticing a lot of Octanes doing this lately. I really wish there was some sort of penalty to these people. They aren't team players and the NO FILL TEAM MATES option doesn't seem to be working, Im getting more then usual lately, its just no fun.

Message 1 of 10 (413 Views)

[ Edited ]

@johnmiceter We all have bad rounds, I have rounds in which I post a 2800 damage and 10+ kills no issue. I have rounds in which I can't land a shot for the life of me. I think it's just the nature of the game.

What makes it worse is when I struggle I try even harder to preform and end up doing dumb things.

I have streaks with tons of bad teammates, it sort of happens. You're at the mercy of who is available when you solo queue. When I notice my teammates are having a hard time, I tend to slow my play down a ton and I quit pushing as aggressively as I normally like to. You can typically tell when you have a teammate who's struggling to keep up and they need a moment to just chill out.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 2 of 10 (401 Views)

★★★ Pro
@johnmiceter It's funny that you say this because I have always thought about having a teammates 'voting' system on Apex where you can give players a score depending on how they play.

BUT,

It just wouldn't work, you could carry your team all game, get 10 kills, 6 revives and your teammates would still give you a negative rating just because they are toxic.

Unfortunately, when dropping with randoms, you get random teammates, who will either be randomly good, or randomly bad, randomly helpful or randomly toxic.

It's life, swings and roundabouts, you win some and you lose some.
Message 3 of 10 (372 Views)

★★ Guide

So its skill based matchmaking, so how does a little above average player always get matched with team mates that are lucky to do 100 damage ? I wonder how skill based matchmaking even works.

Message 4 of 10 (365 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

@johnmiceter

Not in my opinion, especially in pubs. You can always leave the match.

EDIT

Then, it is a clash of playstyles. On the one hand you have competitive players who actively look for a team to fight. On the other you have the more casual players, who prefer to loot slowly and get everything right before taking on an opponent.  You can very well have players on both ends of the spectrum, competitive vs casual with equal stats, but MM does not care much for stats, as higher priority is given to speed of starting a new match.

Anyways, what happens is that you have the more casual/passive players staying very defensive, and the more competitive players actively pushing the fight. The result is that part of the team is still looting, while another part of the team has already gotten 3 kills and pushing a new team, eventually bite off more than they could handle, and die (mostly because they are missing the other player(s) ). By the time the casual players notice what is going on, the competitive player has left for another match. Because all that matters to them is action
At times the opposite happens, when the casual/looting player gets jumped, and killed, so the competitive player(s) has to try to go back and help, but by the time they get there the casual player has left, or the competitive player gets in a 6 v 1 situation because the party who jumped the casual is now third partied, and the team dies.

So, the casual player takes it easy and likes to loot. The competitive player, has to care for loot, but action is all that matters. So you end up with team comps like the one you describe.

In addition, according to this article, MM is optimized for speed not for quality.

MY OPINION: it does not matter if you are a casual or a competitive player, just try and be a good team player. Compromise a bit your playstyle to accommodate, reasonably, with the more casual/competitive players in your team. If you are a w+key player, it is ok to be an entry fragger, just try to not leave too much of a gap with the casuals, because you will need someone who at least distracts opponents. And, if you are a casual and cannot keep up with more competitive players, just USE YOUR MIC, just say something that alerts the w+keyer that you are a mile back --and hope he listens.

Other than that, complaining about leavers in PUBS is POINTLESS.

I hope you would take a look at the following article.

https://www.essentiallysports.com/i-dont-really-identify-our-system-as-sbmm-apex-legends-developer-e...

Hope it helps.

Message 5 of 10 (335 Views)

★★ Guide
@HopesKunai But its not hard to ping where your going. If you want to run in Kamikaze, maybe at least ping. And if I dont have at least some armour and a full auto gun, I won't push fights until im ready.

To me its silly pushing without some sort of chance at winning, because no matter how good you are, if your pushing a good team with no armour (even white) and without a decent gun, its crazy.
Message 6 of 10 (292 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

@johnmiceter

It is not about pinging. It is easy, sure, So is using a mic. The issue is the difference of play-styles, and not the minor details involveD in the game such as pinging. , but when looting takes up too long then it is a disadvantage.

Look, casual or competitive, if you play along with your group you have a better experience. The problem starts when there is a wide disparity, say a level 500 with 5K hours in, who plays along with a level 10 and 4 hours in. 

You may argue that 5k hours would make a person a pro, but it is not necessarily so. However, there are going to be noticeable differences.

Besides, at a certain level, blue armor vs purple makes a lot of difference, for example. In general it is easier to gear up from kills than looting the entire map.

Message 7 of 10 (289 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@HopesKunaiWell the majority of my team mates are duos and stay together no matter what and I swear its like the first time they have played the game, but they are level 50-100, but still have no idea how to play.

I like going into fights, but not when my team mates just go in crazily with no tactics at all and die instantly and leave me 1v3 a enemy team. And if by some miracle I kill them all, my team mates constantly pinging and im trying to heal and loot before the next team comes in.

Let's make it clear, im not that good (only a 1.5kd player) and I try and play to suit my team mates which are mostly lucky to get 200 damage. So they nearly always run in with no plan, just crazy run in and die 90/100 times probably.

Message 8 of 10 (266 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

@johnmiceter

There isn't a correct and a wrong way to play. There are situations, and play-styles. Each play-style handles the same situation differently. A more aggressive (Apex is a fast paced shooter where movement is highly central to its mechanics, independent from tactics but which has an impact on tactics, IMO it rewards an aggressive, movement based play-style) player will push given the opportunity, while a more passive player, more casual, will just prefer to camp a building and wait to be pushed. When you have no comms and one aggressive player and 2 passive, or one passive and 2 aggressive at both extremes of the spectrum, that is when teams are mostly doomed --unless a person in the team is a pro level player, and even then it gets challenging.

I know what you mean. Aggressive and reckless are 2 different things. Lots of people think that dropping hot, and Rambo their way through 6 teams is the way to go, and will help them improve.
I disagree with that tactic, in fact i think it is not a tactic at all. And it does not really help improving.
The passive I refer to, is the kinda passive that, as you said, has no idea what they are doing despite being already level 50 or more, and lags behind by A LOT. Like they seem unable to make up their mind about what guns they wanna use, ans just sit in front of a bin for a while before moving on. You get the picture, i'm sure.
And also beginners are perfectly fine, nothing wrong with being a beginner. I see the difference in "play-style" as the major issue.
I would like it to be a minimum of level 100 before getting in the with the "general" population, but it is unlikely to happen.

Message 9 of 10 (261 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@johnmiceter I always report this kind of people as "spam" because what they do is actually spam.
Message 10 of 10 (241 Views)