Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Should I get Anthem?

by gjustinj
Reply

Original Post

Re: Should I get Anthem?

★★★★★ Guide

@Quinxder wrote:

@CoUF_Owl wrote:
@SilversurferguyWhy not talk about any of the good features at least, you know to kinda balance out all those echoed points.

What good features? There are none.


The features you think of as bad others might like. So I wouldn't say there are none.... maybe to you and those that have hit end game. But for someone starting out more they have all the way till end game ( remember it's a new IP with things not many of no other game has.)

Message 11 of 45 (391 Views)

Re: Should I get Anthem?

★★★ Guide

As one of the 1000+hr players (and no, not a white knight) I have gotten my money's worth. There are serious issues with the game but it is, for some, an absolute blast to play. Watch as many video's, both good and bad, and enter without blinders. Much of the negative has been brought up so I'll not do that again, I do acknowledge the issues, but overall I really love the game play.

 

The story is ok but currently a tad thin for a Bioware story line, but it's just beginning, keep that in mind. Game over all is in it's infancy stage, and as some do, it's having a bit of trouble learning to walk.

 

The question is, after researching, would you feel that you would get enough enjoyment to make the cost worthwhile in the games current state. Again, for me, yes. Your mileage may vary.

Message 12 of 45 (377 Views)

Re: Should I get Anthem?

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

@gjustinj wrote:

I am currently playing Division 2 and having a good bit of fun, but it does become repetitive playing the same things over without much rest on the game.  I am no fan of any first person shooter, because playing in first person messes with me, so I am always on the look out for a good third person game (online) like Division/Anthem, etc.  I keep reading awful things about this game, and hear it's on life support, it's dead, etc.  So I am coming to the player base to ask is this really that bad?  Was it ever fun?  I never got to play Destiny because it was first person, so this was going to be my way of doing it.  I would love to hear actual criticism not just that you want your money back and hate it, etc.

 

Thanks


If you can get it for under 20 bucks then I think you should buy it.

The flying is nice, combat is fun and the world is stunning.

But it gets old and boring fast and very repetitive since its just a handfull of different enemy types to kill. 

Message 13 of 45 (368 Views)

Re: Should I get Anthem?

★★ Guide

@CoUF_Owl  Well I did say the gameplay was good. That’s pretty much the only good thing I can say about it. @gjustinj deserves to know what he’s getting into if he’s curious about this game. 

Message 14 of 45 (358 Views)

Re: Should I get Anthem?

★★★★★ Guide
@Silversurferguy "I keep reading awful things about this game, and hear it's on life support, it's dead, etc. So I am coming to the player base to ask is this really that bad? Was it ever fun?"

I think he knows what's wrong with it..
Message 15 of 45 (346 Views)

Re: Should I get Anthem?

★★★ Apprentice

@frauzet wrote:

@Quinxder wrote:

So yeah, Anthem is that bad and you can also burn the money. It’s sadly the same.


And yet you said you'd still be playing it if only there would drop more loot...


There is a song which begins with „Long, long time ago....“. Today I wouldn’t, simply die to the lack of content, the lack of loot, the lack of atmosphere. Actually it’s not a game, more a silly graphic demo Standard smile

Message 16 of 45 (335 Views)

Re: Should I get Anthem?

★★★ Apprentice

@CoUF_Owl wrote:

@Quinxder wrote:

@CoUF_Owl wrote:
@SilversurferguyWhy not talk about any of the good features at least, you know to kinda balance out all those echoed points.

What good features? There are none.


The features you think of as bad others might like. So I wouldn't say there are none.... maybe to you and those that have hit end game. But for someone starting out more they have all the way till end game ( remember it's a new IP with things not many of no other game has.)


Which is reached after 5 hours. OK what’s the big thing now? What „things“ could that be? Crashs? All the connection errors? There are new IPs which aren’t that bad then anthem. I would say none of all new IPs within 20 years made that bad.^^

Message 17 of 45 (330 Views)

Re: Should I get Anthem?

Champion

I played both demos and I liked the gameplay. Flying feels great.

I knew what I was buying since the demos gave me a pretty good insight into what the game contained.

I'm still playing almost daily.

 

For me, the story was fun to play, and I'm looking forward to seeing more of it. Even if you don't rush, it won't take you very long to play through it, though.

There are a lot of NPC to talk to, and a lot of codex entries to find which add a lot of loving details to the world.

Flying through Anthem's beautiful world just enjoying the sight hasn't got old for me yet.

There are various activities to do and daily challenges prompt you to do different things. Still, while being not exactly the same, contracts become repetitive after a while. So, yes, Anthem is in need of more content. The question is how fast you'll play through what is already there and whether you're patient enough to wait for more. The answer highly depends on your own preferences.

While I love playing with friends I found Anthem astonishingly fun to play with random squads. While the endbosses of the strongholds lack intricate mechanics this leads to uncomplicated matchmaking. You usually don't need to worry about wiping endlessly.

You need only to level one pilot to have access to all four Javelins. It's fun to try them all out, experience their differences, experiment with various setups for each of them, and what fits and doesn't fit your personal playstyle.

It's fairly easy to gather equipment to feel comfortable in the higher difficulty levels, at least up to GM2. Yet, it will take a lot of time to get the exact equipment you want.

 

In my experience Anthem is a great game for casual playing, otherwise, you need a somewhat higher frustration tolerance when it comes to loot.

 

 

 


"From what I’ve tasted of desire I hold with those who favor fire."

[Robert Frost - Fire and Ice]

I don't work for EA. The opinions I express are my own.
Message 18 of 45 (329 Views)

Re: Should I get Anthem?

★★★ Apprentice

@gortessoth wrote:

As one of the 1000+hr players (and no, not a white knight) I have gotten my money's worth. There are serious issues with the game but it is, for some, an absolute blast to play. Watch as many video's, both good and bad, and enter without blinders. Much of the negative has been brought up so I'll not do that again, I do acknowledge the issues, but overall I really love the game play.

 

The story is ok but currently a tad thin for a Bioware story line, but it's just beginning, keep that in mind. Game over all is in it's infancy stage, and as some do, it's having a bit of trouble learning to walk.

 

The question is, after researching, would you feel that you would get enough enjoyment to make the cost worthwhile in the games current state. Again, for me, yes. Your mileage may vary.


You think it’s the beginning of the story, in fact you don’t know it. BW didn’t act like there is more to be expected. 

Message 19 of 45 (322 Views)

Re: Should I get Anthem?

Champion

@Quinxder wrote:

@gortessoth wrote:

As one of the 1000+hr players (and no, not a white knight) I have gotten my money's worth. There are serious issues with the game but it is, for some, an absolute blast to play. Watch as many video's, both good and bad, and enter without blinders. Much of the negative has been brought up so I'll not do that again, I do acknowledge the issues, but overall I really love the game play.

 

The story is ok but currently a tad thin for a Bioware story line, but it's just beginning, keep that in mind. Game over all is in it's infancy stage, and as some do, it's having a bit of trouble learning to walk.

 

The question is, after researching, would you feel that you would get enough enjoyment to make the cost worthwhile in the games current state. Again, for me, yes. Your mileage may vary.


You think it’s the beginning of the story, in fact you don’t know it. BW didn’t act like there is more to be expected. 



Well, those with access to the PTS and not afraid of spoilers are already able to see the story continues. 

 

Have I mentioned I love the new villain? So much better than the Mentor imo. Can't wait to see the rest of the next part of the story.


"From what I’ve tasted of desire I hold with those who favor fire."

[Robert Frost - Fire and Ice]

I don't work for EA. The opinions I express are my own.
Message 20 of 45 (318 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help