Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Should I get Anthem?

by gjustinj

Original Post

Should I get Anthem?

★★★★ Novice

I am currently playing Division 2 and having a good bit of fun, but it does become repetitive playing the same things over without much rest on the game.  I am no fan of any first person shooter, because playing in first person messes with me, so I am always on the look out for a good third person game (online) like Division/Anthem, etc.  I keep reading awful things about this game, and hear it's on life support, it's dead, etc.  So I am coming to the player base to ask is this really that bad?  Was it ever fun?  I never got to play Destiny because it was first person, so this was going to be my way of doing it.  I would love to hear actual criticism not just that you want your money back and hate it, etc.

Thanks

Message 1 of 45 (920 Views)

Re: Should I get Anthem?

★★★★★ Guide
@gjustinj I think it's fun, but that said end game gets repetitive because it's the same content. But they are coming out with the cataclysm soon that should change things up a bit.... all imo
Message 2 of 45 (915 Views)

★★ Guide

If you’re looking for another 3rd person shooter, try warframe. It’s a better game, with more content, functional, and free. 

Anthem is not a game I’d recommend in all honesty. It’s lacking in content, all future content is delayed indefinitely, loot system is so broken it halts progression once you’re in “endgame”, the loot itself is limited and randomized (you’ll be getting the same things over and over only with higher gear rating and random inscriptions), end game consists of doing four strongholds at higher difficulties while being unrewarded, customization is extensive but ruined by it being limited to the store, the store itself sucks, crafting is pointless, and it has the most unreasonably large grind quests I’ve ever seen in a game: the champion of Tarsis. You start off with three factions that you grind reputation xp for. Max level is three which requires 3,000 xp for each faction. Then when you max out all three factions the champion of Tarsis has you grind 50,000 xp FOR EACH!! And you get a gold metallic color and masterwork component blueprints which you won’t even need by then! The only saving grace this game has is it’s gameplay.  

Message 3 of 45 (905 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@Silversurferguy Why not talk about any of the good features at least, you know to kinda balance out all those echoed points.
Message 4 of 45 (898 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

The game itself is good, and I suppose I've been lucky enough to not get any problems with functionality aside from a few crashes, although, I did take 3 months off. However, I don't think you should get it at this point because like mentioned, theres not much of an endgame. There's content coming in the future, so if you're actually interested in it at this point, I recommend keeping an eye on it and wait for that content to drop first. The game has a good base, but it's definitely lacking and at this moment it gets repetitive very fast. 

Message 5 of 45 (892 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I can't recommend the game at all. 

The Division 2 has much more content and the developer is bringing regularly updates and sticks to their announced roadmap. Anthem is a disappointment on many levels. The lack of content is painful when you're finished with the campaign. Gear is not only disappointing in terms of what quality you get and how lucky your RNG is, but you will also see the same design throughout most of the game; samey looking guns all over the place. And coming from The Division where guns and gear offered distinguishable and great visuals this will be a big shock to you. 

And as @Silversurferguy said; the grind is just awful in Anthem. Gameplay is fun, but the lack of things do to is what will make you ask for a refund in a few days. 

Stay away from the game and maybe at some point in the future it will be worth a purchase.

Message 6 of 45 (882 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@CoUF_Owl wrote:
@SilversurferguyWhy not talk about any of the good features at least, you know to kinda balance out all those echoed points.

What good features? There are none.

Message 7 of 45 (875 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@gjustinj wrote:

I am currently playing Division 2 and having a good bit of fun, but it does become repetitive playing the same things over without much rest on the game.  I am no fan of any first person shooter, because playing in first person messes with me, so I am always on the look out for a good third person game (online) like Division/Anthem, etc.  I keep reading awful things about this game, and hear it's on life support, it's dead, etc.  So I am coming to the player base to ask is this really that bad?  Was it ever fun?  I never got to play Destiny because it was first person, so this was going to be my way of doing it.  I would love to hear actual criticism not just that you want your money back and hate it, etc.

Thanks

If you think after all time you spend, TD2 is repetitive (which is understandable because, well that’s what all games like that become at the end), then I can tell you, you will not even spend a 10th of this time you spend in TD2 in anthem after it’s becoming repetitive. So yeah, Anthem is that bad and you can also burn the money. It’s sadly the same.

Message 8 of 45 (869 Views)

★★★ Guide

I still enjoy playing Anthem and I think that if you decide to get the game you would enjoy it too.

The end game is repetitive, but keep in mind that there is no need to rush through the content that is available now.

There are players that have already exceeded 1000 hrs of playtime, so they have both enjoyed the game and also have been frustrated by the slow progress to more content.

Beer

Message 9 of 45 (861 Views)

Champion

@Quinxder wrote:

So yeah, Anthem is that bad and you can also burn the money. It’s sadly the same.

And yet you said you'd still be playing it if only there would drop more loot...

"From what I’ve tasted of desire I hold with those who favor fire."

[Robert Frost - Fire and Ice]

I don't work for EA. The opinions I express are my own.
Message 10 of 45 (856 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help