Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Should I get Anthem?

by EA_Cade

Original Post

★★★ Guide

its a fun game but there isnt a lot to do at endgame, which will be reached pretty quick. but its good fun to play. just needs more content really. but if you can get it cheap why not? 

Message 31 of 45 (396 Views)

★★★ Guide
@gjustinj if you buy it for $25 or less then you will get your monies worth....It's a lot of fun until you get into the end game which basically doesn't exist
Message 32 of 45 (388 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Hi OP

The game is pretty darn cheap now and well worth the price for campaign alone imo.

I say go for it Standard smile

Message 33 of 45 (361 Views)

[ Edited ]

@gjustinjif you can pick it up for about $10 then sure. Game may not work for you though. So it's a 50/50 gamble. I have a perfect looking copy on PS4 but it says it can't read the disc. Every other game works fine.  Digital downloads are all overpriced for Anthem.  It isn't worth more than $10 at this point with no one to help you complete campaign missions. Customer support is completely non-existent.  I posted to the forums several times and posted bug reports and they were never (ever) responded to.  Pisssssss poor on the support front.

Message 34 of 45 (332 Views)
Highlighted

Community Manager

@TheReal_USA_MAGA If you need support we have a dedicated helpsite here http://bit.ly/EA_Contact_Us, these forums are for players assisting players

Bug reports are looked at and responded to if we need more information to pass along or if the studio requests it, otherwise we simply forward the reports up. 

-EA_Cade
Message 35 of 45 (318 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

So now that you have received a wide range of responses, both pros, and not pros...What say you?  Buying it, Origin Premiering it, or what?

Please, please don't do the PTS!!!  Doing so will totally ruin the fun for the campaign story and all that you'll experience up to level 30.   It would be similar to cramming Cliff Notes the night before your English Composition exam the next morning.  Absolute failure for you ever enjoying the best that the now Anthem has to offer.

Correction...Strike the PTS comment above.

What Else Do I Need to Know About the PTS? **

• Who can play: all current Anthem PC owners or anyone with an active Origin Access Premier subscription.

Since you haven't purchased it yet (specifically Anthem for the PC)...no worries.  I for some reason thought it was open to all.  My bad.

** Anthem PTS FAQs

Message 36 of 45 (294 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Definitely not.

Message 37 of 45 (267 Views)

★★ Guide

Absolutely worth it. My favorite game of the year so far.

But people really need to stop asking other people if they should buy this game. Recognize that this game is targeted by hate. There is a crowd out there who’s soul purpose seems to be to kill all momentum and success for this game. So if you want to feed the crowd killing the game, go ahead and ask if you should buy it. 

I know a couple people who were excited about this game but never tried it because of the lame haters. 

Message 38 of 45 (236 Views)

★★★ Guide

@Spiritual-Zombie wrote:

Absolutely worth it. My favorite game of the year so far.

But people really need to stop asking other people if they should buy this game. Recognize that this game is targeted by hate. There is a crowd out there who’s soul purpose seems to be to kill all momentum and success for this game. So if you want to feed the crowd killing the game, go ahead and ask if you should buy it. 

I know a couple people who were excited about this game but never tried it because of the lame haters. 

That tends to happen when a game comes out completely broken and devoid of content all while charging full price. 

Message 39 of 45 (223 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@gjustinj wrote:

I am currently playing Division 2 and having a good bit of fun, but it does become repetitive playing the same things over without much rest on the game.  I am no fan of any first person shooter, because playing in first person messes with me, so I am always on the look out for a good third person game (online) like Division/Anthem, etc.  I keep reading awful things about this game, and hear it's on life support, it's dead, etc.  So I am coming to the player base to ask is this really that bad?  Was it ever fun?  I never got to play Destiny because it was first person, so this was going to be my way of doing it.  I would love to hear actual criticism not just that you want your money back and hate it, etc.

Thanks

No

There really more to say, the game is so broken and utterly devoid of new content, the campaign takes about 30 hours to complete then its just rince and repeat the open area and the the raids after a while are boring. The loot system is utterly broken. Updates a few and far between. Literally the whole player base has deserted the game, all but a few loyal fans.

And because of this, matchmaking is hell! as no one is about to play with.

The only way the game is worth it if they sell it for £5. Because that's what its worth at the moment.

Its such a real shame, allot a potential ruined by a terrible publisher EA. All they are worried about is money. The game is dead.

Message 40 of 45 (212 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help