Re: Should I continue to make guides?

by Gormey

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Should I continue to make guides?

Champion

Hey everyone,

Because of the game's lacking support now, is it worth me continuing to make more guides? I have a lot planned, and I mean a lot! I think I will, but at a slightly reduced pace, and I will not plan to make any more either. But, the important question is, do you as the community think it is worth me making more guides? After all, there is a chance of the game being saved. Remember, I do enjoy making them, but is it worth making them? I quite want to, because especially if the game does get saved, that would really benefit the game (and revive my guides more). 

I want to know what you think: Should I keep going, but at a slightly reduced pace? Should I do the guides I planned on doing, but not plan any more? Or should I even keep going at normal in hope that this game gets saved? After all, I am hoping that this game gets saved, I will work hard if I need to, it is my favourite game and I want it to continue. This would be such a bad way for it to end this franchise. It's been going fine, with its ups and downs for 10 years, they stopped support on my PvZ Heroes (which I still play daily), GW2 and all that, so they can continue on BfN. So why can't they keep working on BfN, you know? 

I'm really hoping that this game gets saved, but I am going to be fairly pessimistic as well this time around (Also, we don't want to lose our lovely community).

Message 1 of 18 (919 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★★ Expert
@TheSprinter85 I think you've put an amazing amount of time & effort into your guides for which you deserve credit, but think it's unlikely there will be new players to benefit from them going forward.

It's very much your personal choice though - if there are guides you still want to do, go ahead - just please don't put yourself under any unnecessary pressure to do so.

If you want to keep the community in here talking, my advice (for what it's worth) would be instead to focus on creating posts encouraging those still playing to submit screenshots & gameplay clips.
You could perhaps at intervals set a theme for such things, whether it's the current prize map or a particular character - but as I say, it's very much your choice & you should only put as much time in as YOU want to.

Thank you for all your efforts & all the best for the future 👍😊

View in thread

Message 7 of 18 (811 Views)

All Replies

★ Expert
Message 2 of 18 (897 Views)

★★★ Guide

I think you should continue, but at your own pace. I can't believe EA would kill one of my favourite franchises...

Message 3 of 18 (886 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

@TheSprinter85You are a key player in the community. Without you, we'll all die. So please, continue making guides but at your own pace. Remember this is a casual game so there's no rush to help those out who need it.

There's a reason why you're a champion.

Message 4 of 18 (872 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@Gormey I agree with Gormey, don't waste your time.
Message 5 of 18 (837 Views)

★★ Expert
@TheSprinter85 Don't waste ur time on this game anymore. EA have ruined it, and we have lost everything.
Message 6 of 18 (817 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@TheSprinter85 I think you've put an amazing amount of time & effort into your guides for which you deserve credit, but think it's unlikely there will be new players to benefit from them going forward.

It's very much your personal choice though - if there are guides you still want to do, go ahead - just please don't put yourself under any unnecessary pressure to do so.

If you want to keep the community in here talking, my advice (for what it's worth) would be instead to focus on creating posts encouraging those still playing to submit screenshots & gameplay clips.
You could perhaps at intervals set a theme for such things, whether it's the current prize map or a particular character - but as I say, it's very much your choice & you should only put as much time in as YOU want to.

Thank you for all your efforts & all the best for the future 👍😊
Message 7 of 18 (812 Views)

Champion

Ok, so 3 of you have stated that you think I shouldn’t, and 3 others have stated as a suggestion that I could/should, so this is what I might do:

I think I will continue to make guides only because I enjoy them and have footage for some of them, but I will not plan any more than I have already, work at a slower rate, only when I feel like it and don’t have much else to do, and work start my own pace. Please do not expect guides at specific times. When I am ready. Is that cool?

@Shadowphinx101@Gormey and @MrKritiek I will only make guides if I am in the mood for it, this may be my last month of producing my guides. 

@Fork_x_Spoon and @DonPanTriste Thank you! I will continue for now, but I will see how I go after this month ends and see if I will continue on after that.

@ToastedSarnie I will only produce more  guides if I feel like it. Thanks for that idea, creating new posts where others can submit gameplay footage sounds like a great idea and I will probably do that! 

Message 8 of 18 (793 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@TheSprinter85 As everyone said, continue as long as it gives you joy.
Message 9 of 18 (789 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@TheSprinter85 You're a huge part of the forums being a champion, keep making them! However, we understand if you wanna stop.
Message 10 of 18 (775 Views)