Share your favorite Game Soundtracks

by Straatford87

Original Post

Re: Share your favorite Game Soundtracks

EA DICE Team

@DannyOuter

Sorry if I was unclear - I do realize you own the game, it was more aimed at at players that perhaps didn't own it. I don't want to spoil it for them! Perhaps you could also add your post detailing what happened in a spoiler post?

Message 11 of 37 (810 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Straatford87

I'm generally a fan of ambient music that's still engaging enough to not fall asleep from.

From C&C1 that's "Voice Rhythm", "Recon" and "Rain in the Night", though I really like all of that soundtrack Standard smile

In Red Alert 1, the theme piece that gives me chills and puts me in a Red Alert mood just from thinking about it is undoubtedly "Trenches". It's one of my favourite C&C tracks ever. You just feel the desolation, the ruin, the feeling of being stuck in a freezing trench with no hope of survival, while the war goes on around you.

It's freaking poetry, man. (Well, that, or PTSD condensed into musical format Raised eyebrow)

Overall, the RA1 soundtrack is really unique just from how experimental it is. I really like that about it.

TS also has a lot of mood pieces, but there I tend to lean more towards Jarrid Mendelsson's contributions than to Frank Klepacki's stuff. "Pharotek" is great.

Like a lot of people helping out around this place, I am a volunteer, not an EA employee. I'm just here to help. If my answer helped you, please give XP. And if an answer solved your problem, be sure to accept it as solution.
I will not help with game questions sent as private messages; those questions belong on the boards where everyone can see my answers.
Message 12 of 37 (799 Views)

This may come as a surprise but favorite game soundtrack is at this link  Cool 

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

Message 13 of 37 (774 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

@Nyerguds

Very powerful track! Your chilling description of the situation you would be in with that track made it even more so.. Party hat

@proxos666

Surprise me not, you have!

Tongue out

Message 14 of 37 (768 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

I have way too many game soundtracks. Most in MP3 but FLAC if I can get that instead.

Im currently trying to get a few in HiRes Audio, but so far apart from the odd sample, getting an album in HiRes Audio is hard.

My favourite sound tracks out of the 38.31GB of them I have are :

Austin Wintory - Journey Original Soundtrack

AYiM Soundtrack - love that menu music on repeat

Call of Duty Black Ops II Soundtrack - adrenaline is a hell of a tune 

Reus Original Soundtrack - fat bass beats

And anything by Cipher Prime, such a Iterate, Splice and Pulse

Hope this help, check a few out at least. They are my cream of the crop.

Message 15 of 37 (762 Views)

Dot.: Share your favorite Game Soundtracks

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

@Straatford87 you played in Stubbs the Zombie in Rebel Without a Pulse ? Large smile

Message 16 of 37 (757 Views)

EA DICE Team

@RSebire

Thanks for sharing your picks!

@1Guma

I haven't, but I love the name of that game.. Large smile

Message 17 of 37 (738 Views)

★★★ Pro

@Straatford87 It's difficult to translate into Polish language ... 

Message 18 of 37 (732 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

@1Guma

Do you prefer playing your games in Polish, or in English?

In the meantime, I've been listening to the Lollipop song several times in a row..... Large smile

@1Guma @RSebire @proxos666 @Nyerguds @DannyOuter @Retro-Pathfinder @ivrognard @spitfiresiemion @EA_Bogdan

Another cool soundtrack that I just remembered is for Earth 2140. The game was apparently made in Poland - I had no idea, but it was a great game and soundtrack!

The soundtrack is quite 90's.. especially the first track.. Large smile

Message 19 of 37 (723 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Download this, play it on repeat.

hours gone...

https://soundcloud.com/brokenrules/01-and-yet-it-moves-menu?in=brokenrules/sets/and-yet-it-moves-sou...

As for Polish, I only know Madronia..

(It's their 90% proof drink, I used to drink with them.) After that my memories of them all are hazy...

I'm currently having a box set binge, and am half way through Lost, and not lost for once. I joined EA Access 2 days ago and still haven't played anything on it yet, as each episode leaves on a cliff hanger, and I wanna know what happens next. Only another 3 series too go..

I thought NASA's picture today of ghosts was very good, and as we where talking about Deaspace have a look...

Ghosts and Mirros..

Explanation: Ghosts aren't actually hovering over the James Webb Space Telescope. But the lights are out as it stands with gold tinted mirror segments and support structures folded in Goddard Space Flight Center's Spacecraft Systems Development and Integration Facility clean room. Following vibration and acoustic testing, bright flashlights and ultraviolet lights are played over the stationary telescope looking for contamination, easier to spot in a darkened room. In the dimness the camera's long exposure creates the ghostly apparitions, blurring the moving lights and engineers. A scientific successor to Hubble, the James Webb Space Telescope is optimized for the infrared exploration of the early Universe. Its planned launch is in 2018 from French Guiana on a European Space Agency Ariane 5 rocket.

Message 20 of 37 (710 Views)