Share Your Arenas Ranked SBMM fails!

by EdwardDLuffy

Original Post

Share Your Arenas Ranked SBMM fails!

★ Expert

Ranked Arenas as a solo player is like punching a wall over and over again, as hard as you can, only slightly less fun. Here are two particular SBMM fails (not shaming the players involved, just that they should not have been matched with me).

e3a56763-df3a-4372-ab91-ec10354ee777.png

b267a5f2-470e-41a9-9acf-dce16f6aaf8e.png

The first one was particularly painful. FOUR TIMES the damage as the rest of my team combined. The second one wasn't that bad as we did actually win (12 Points Yippee!!)

Message 1 of 6 (284 Views)

Re: Share Your Arenas Ranked SBMM fails!

★★★ Pro

I mentioned this before, even though it wasn't ranked. But I think its worth mentioning.

This happened quite a while ago on PC. So, basically, my squad consisted of a level 292 Valk, level 392 Blood, and then me, level 87 Horizon (and keep in mind I was also level 191 on Xbox at the time)

And what about the enemy squad? Ok, so, it was a level 2 Lifeline, level 3 Path and a level 4 Gibby.

And we completely obliterated them. Like bruh, what were they supposed to do? They were clearly new players, I could tell that during the game. But SBMM thought it was a good idea to match them against us. To this day I wonder if these people kept on playing, or left the game alltogether. Surely that match must have left a mark on them.

Another recent example: I was paired with level 4 and 12 teammates. I left the game after round 1 because it was hopeless. I spectated the level 4 and he couldn't figure out how to even run. And I mean, that's totally ok, but why are new players matched or paired with high level players? This SBMM needs to be revisited. I for one wish to get teammates with at least some game sense. And I certainly cannot expect that from new players, since you know, they are new. But who am I kidding, even some high level players seem to lack it. 

Message 2 of 6 (257 Views)

★ Expert

Not sure if something has changed, but over my last 14 Arenas games my win rate has been 93%.

Message 3 of 6 (223 Views)

★★★ Pro
@EdwardDLuffy I played Ranked Arena only like 5 times, I didn’t even pass the qualifications yet 😅 I really prefer battle royal in Apex… if its Arena was more like counter strike, paladins, call of duty, etc I’d play it more often, but it doesn’t attract me that much
Message 4 of 6 (209 Views)

★ Expert
@Alphabets I'm actually beginning to prefer it over BR (hated it at first). Pubs is pointless as everyone quits as soon as they are down, and Ranked is a grindfest where you spend most of your time hiding behind a bin (or at least it as when you hit Gold, YMMV).

Plus, I'm quite good at it Standard smile Better than at BR anyway (my Arenas KDR is currently double my BR KDR).
Message 5 of 6 (206 Views)

★ Expert

Something has definitely changed. After getting stuck in Silver IV for two weeks and even falling back to Bronze, over the past two days I have won something like 22 out of 25 ranked matches and am on the cusp of Silver III. Set a record streak of 8, then lost a game (AFK TM) then set another streak of 9.

Also, no longer getting the routine 12 pts for a win - more like 25-35.

Message 6 of 6 (173 Views)