Re: Shadowfall first impressions!

by ElBirri

Original Post

★ Guide
@vWiLLisS_273 If you got the kills by killing shadows it obviously doesn’t count bud. And it shouldn’t by any means.
Message 151 of 196 (290 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

horrible is one word that springs to mind and not in a halloween fun kinda way

Message 152 of 196 (389 Views)

★★★★ Guide

was neat when it first came out, now just plain boring.......maps full of lifeline/wraith/octane, known very limited ship locations, super easy wins for legends.......got stale VERY quickly....

Message 153 of 196 (377 Views)

★★★★ Guide

The more I play this mode the more I dislike it. Playing as a shadow is not fun, but as a legend the shadows feel way too strong. One hit and you're dead gets old really quick.

Message 154 of 196 (366 Views)

★★★ Guide
@IAmTheMeddler i saw the opposite, shadow is fun.

the shadow damage is ok because some people have aim, the only thing i want in this mode is this:

if you reach the last 10 legends and someone escape is a team win and that means count for the mission.
Message 155 of 196 (357 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@DgkAllDay09 wrote:

Okay after a couple days of playing. I actually like this mode a decent amount. Once I figured out how to play it, it took off for me. The only concern obviously is some legend abilities like pathfinders grapple and Watson’s fence that kills you and blocks the whole landing area off... of course players are going to take advantage of little exploits like that and then everyone else does it as well just to make it fun for them. I think in the future with modes like this, everything should be taken away.. just you and a gun and a shield... no ults or  abilities. Makes it much more fair and balanced that way. Or perhaps figure out a mode and then send it out to us players as a test for a weekend and see what we can exploit... tweak it and then send it back out.. 1 day of testing isn’t enough because I promise you someone out there will break it with an exploit quick. All in all though, not a bad first new mode. C+ rating from me, simply bc of the pathfinder and Watson exploits.

@DgkAllDay09 You’re kidding right? How is it an exploit to use intended abilities the way they were designed? You’re basically saying that those abilities that work in the normal mode are exploita cause they can kill or move ppl around.

Let’s see just 1 person make it against 10+ monsters that move 2x as fast as legends and punch 5 times as hard. That would be unbalanced.

Message 156 of 196 (344 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I also hate how shadows can hit you almost immediately after landing. It makes them way too strong, especially when you 2 land on at the same time. When that happens it is nearly impossible to win that fight. I think if they added an additional second of vulnerability once they landed it would make everything else feel balanced.

Message 157 of 196 (337 Views)

★ Guide

The lack of noise from shadows has got to be the worst thing about this mode. Next would be the abundance of white armors which are completely useless along with heals usually. Many legends are useless in this mode as well

Message 158 of 196 (329 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@IAmTheMeddler wrote:

I also hate how shadows can hit you almost immediately after landing. It makes them way too strong, especially when you 2 land on at the same time. When that happens it is nearly impossible to win that fight. I think if they added an additional second of vulnerability once they landed it would make everything else feel balanced.

That's strange, because I can't melee, or loot, or do anything immediately after landing. Maybe players are having different experiences of this?

Message 159 of 196 (315 Views)

@EA_David I just got 2 shadow wins in a row. The secret apears to be a mindset for large scale squad play, where everone does their bit and pins the legends down, instead of running around like a headless chicken (of which I am guilty of tooLarge smile), and keeping my eyes open when on the shadow drop.

The more I play, the more I like it.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png
Please note:
I am a Community Volunteer.
I do not work for EA.
My views are my own.
Message 160 of 196 (298 Views)