Re: Shadowfall first impressions!

by IAmTheMeddler

Original Post

★★★ Novice

Can I ask you what do you mean "sync dropping"? Because the game is * unplayable on my part due to massive lag in that mode.

Message 111 of 196 (418 Views)

★★★★ Guide

When fighting shadows, the shadows are often times quite laggy. There has been a handful of times where they are skipping across my screen making it very difficult to kill them.

I don't have any issues with other players lagging in the regular game modes for reference.

Message 112 of 196 (411 Views)

★★★ Pro

No point in being a zombie if you won't let us kill the person inside the ship. like they won no matter what. 

Message 113 of 196 (407 Views)

★★★ Guide
@IAmTheMeddler oh i see, you have problems hiting shadows when sliding, i know that feel.
Message 114 of 196 (404 Views)

★★★ Guide
@Leo_the_Lion25 in titanfall is the same dude xD
Message 115 of 196 (403 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@EA_David Well this game did it again. Screwed over by bad connection. AGAIN! After a well played round in this new underwhelming event I made it to the evac ship. One thing though. The evac ship lagged out when it showed. I then was mercilessly mauled and knocked out of the circle. Thanks. I was so mad I could of clawed someones eyes out.  When is the company going to wake up and invest in the servers it so desperately needs? Are there not enough posts about this exact subject? What is the ceiling to reach on ridicule for there to be interest?

Where are all the funds from the cosmetics/battle passes going? Is it just enough to line the pockets of the people working there? Are the big wigs fueling their planes and going on weekend retreats? I just don't understand why this is such an ongoing issue. And why the company deflects and maintains silence about this. All it reads out to be is there is no care for it. Which is exactly what I and a lot of others have come to the conclusion of.

Message 116 of 196 (386 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_David its useless so full of cheasts you canrt do a thing... my god why cant devs ever do ther job this types bin around forever you dont have an excuse for how horible it is to get one win
Message 117 of 196 (336 Views)

★★★ Newbie

less then one star...grate idea if you had a chance at anything....my god this is 76 levels of bad...no armor one hit killed by cheats who know whare you are at all times ....make your game playable and people might actuly play wth is this  get better at code make the non .002% able to play

Message 118 of 196 (332 Views)

Champion (Retired)

This event is absolutely brilliant. I played it all day yesterday and despite frequently becoming frustrated I have learnt a huge amount about Apex from playing this event.

A few tips for winning as a Legend:

• Playing as Octane is great because you can outrun the Shadows to some extent. Plus the Jump Pad is really useful in this game mode.
  • Wraith is another good Legend for this mode, as you can use her Into The Void tactical ability (Q) to get to the dropship. I think both these Legends are harder to see from the air, too.
  • Pay attention to the sky. Use the terrain to remain hidden from the Shadows as they drop into the map. Stay close to walls and under tress etc.
  • If you kill someone, expect them to come back for you. Make sure you kill them again. Then they'll probably spawn on the other side of the map and you'll have a clear run.
  • Look for the circle when the game starts and go straight to it. Try to remember the dropship locations. Then get some stuff and hide close to where the dropship will be.
  • I've only teamed up with another player once during the free-for-all phase and it worked out well. Try it - but be ready to shoot on sight.
  • The best weapons for me have been the R301, R99 and spitfire but the EVO-8 is good too.
  • Remember, you don't need lots of loot you just have to escape. I've done it without firing a shot and without loot. You just need to get to the dropship.
Message 119 of 196 (293 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

For everyone struggling to get a first win as a legend, here is how it worked for me:

Of course, in the end you need some luck with the position of the evac ship, but this is how I did it several times now (mostly as lone survivor):

- land not too far away from first ring

- do the work (looting)

- if possible avoid bigger fights, this will only attract shadows

- if you have a good equip, camp somewhere, when you have time left

- when the final ring appears including the location of the evac ship, position yourself in a good spot 100-200m away of the ship

- start running with Wraith's ultimate, about 20-30 seconds (depends on the distance) before the evac ship arrives

- (if ultimate ends too seen, throw all grenades you have on the LZ in order to clear that location)

- use Wraith's tactical for the last few meters

When it is good timed, you enter the evac ship in the second it arrives. Mostly it is better to be there in advance, once it arrived, all shadows will camp there.

Surely, this will work not every time, but for me it works most of the time Standard smile I prefer this when you have to focus on yourself. I did it 3 times and was always the only survivor.

A lot more fun it is to play with Wattson or Caustic. Just camp near final LZ in a building, with traps and fences used of course.

The shadows will non stop try to enter the building and you can get a lot of kills. Depending on the distance to evac ship, getting there from your camping spot could be tricky.

Good luck all.

Message 120 of 196 (282 Views)