Re: Shadowfall first impressions!

by DYSPROssium

Original Post

[ Edited ]

@EA_DavidI love it! At first I thought there was queue timer cheating but did not realize the top 10 were supposed to work together.

The loot zombies and spiders have scared the crud out of me.

Really enjoying it so far. Even if you die, you have multiple chances for revenge. So it can still be a really fun entertaining round.

Caustic has been my favorite so far.. Find a build inside of circle grab a gun and some armor and camp.. Made it to the top 10 every time I've played caustic and up to being the last player alive twice.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 81 of 196 (498 Views)

★ Pro

Would be more fun if the zombies and spiders could actually attack. That would be a bit more scary every time.

As it is now, it worked as a jumpscare only the 1st time.

Message 82 of 196 (492 Views)

I think the mode is really fun, but stats should not be counted in the mode. Too many players leave the game once they die instead of playing as a shadow. 

Stat tracking is all over the place. Kills as shadow are not counted but death as shadow are...? Not 1 scenario in the gamemode is registered as winning in the stats but in the meantime playing the mode counts to games played. That means whenever you play shadowfall your win ratio will drop down, no matter the outcome of the game.

Disabling stat tracking would definitely be a better option than this inconsistent system.

Message 83 of 196 (492 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

@EA_David
its a pretty good game mode.

Not enough, player.

Message 84 of 196 (491 Views)

★★★ Expert

Hmm, it feels less intense than I expected, maybe because there are only 35 players. It's a bit disappointing that spiders and zombies that come out of the loot bins are harmless, maybe others fly off their gaming chairs and then tremble before opening another crate, but I'm not easy to scare. Solo mode is very "campy", many players seem to avoid fights. Being a shadow is frustrating, you do a lot of flying, running and climbing, just to die so quickly. The last part is too much of a running simulator, there's very little time to plan anything and sometimes you are too far from the ship, no matter what you do. Last living legends hardly cooperate and it's not really worth sacrificing yourself to save the others, as you don't gain anything by dying. Winning as a legend feels a lot like a matter of luck (never won, but I've spectated only Pathfinders winning, so trailer is accurate, heh ), while winning as a shadow is easy but not that rewarding.

The return of Kings Canyon made me realize how little I've missed this map. Even with all the refreshing changes, it feels...old. May be because of the unusual silence in Skull town.

Aaaanyway, it's enjoyable and it may get more interesting in a few days, after players get used to this new meta.

Message 85 of 196 (557 Views)

★ Guide

Had high hopes but it is just very boring. Looks great, the atmosphere is eerie and so on.. but I think the one time I tried is enough.

Message 86 of 196 (534 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

It's a fun game mode, I'd be lying if I said it wasn't.

being a legend and fighting the shadow is fun. Also the return to kings canyon at night look's very nice, I do like the night map version a lot.

Being a shadow is a bit hard, I feel having a quarter of your health as a shadow isn't enough. Having a one or two hit melee is a bit high. i've been hit twice with a purple sheild and was killed. 

Shadow's don't have any armor to wear so evading bullets is a bit daunting at time's the melee makes up for it but it feels a bit cheap. I do have fun on the game mode it just needed more of a balance between Legends and Shadow.

where it's a 50/50 chance at getting the kill and a even playing field for anyone who is a shadow or a Legend.

I wouldn't change not having armor or weapon's for shadows.  the health bar could have been a bit higher. The shadow feel like they could have taken a little more Damage to kill and do a little less damage done to legends while keeping the speed and jumping of the shadow the same.

All in all a 9/10 fun game mode. 

Message 87 of 196 (510 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@RevenanT-G7Wait you have things that you rather see changed, but it’s still a 10/10?! That can’t be or else you wouldn’t offer improvements/suggest changes! At most it should be 9.8/10 for you! XD

I’m done with the mode. Played it at least 8 hours and the badge challenge is stressing me out cause ppl now know how to play. I already stated that if if people know how to play, shadows will win more than legends and that seems to be the case now (depending on dropship location). Usually I just see 1 person in the ship. Otherwise it’s 2/3, less often 4+, but mostly I see all legends wiped out these last few hours. 

I constantly get killed like 10m max from dropship either to me getting gang initialized, I randomly get stuck ziplining somewhere or that I totally forgot that I used zipline/don’t look if I have it alread my to make a magnificent escape and then dead...by daylight... on friday the 13th. Evolve XD

Message 88 of 196 (506 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

I'm struggling to get wins by reaching the dropship. 2 of 25 at the moment. I hate being meleed by Shadows as well. I love meleeing "skin-bags" though.

Message 89 of 196 (479 Views)

@Leo_the_Lion25 I think you're putting too much credit into Pathfinders zip lines. Anyone can use them and benefit from them. Granted if the pathfinders team is on the other end of the zip line you'll be in trouble. But how is that different from any other zip line? Toss in the fact that you can check the end of the zip line to see if they are there.

Has pathfinder contributed to wins for my team? Yeah at times, but so has every other legend. I don't think Pathfinder needs a nerf.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 90 of 196 (468 Views)