Re: Shadowfall first impressions!

by lBreathTakingl

Original Post

★★★★ Pro

@ElBirri  Yes. It is repetitive. Get taken out by a handful of rounds, you're back in the sky falling down. Chase someone down and get shot up. Do it again. Sounds repetitive me. As for the bug. I wouldn't know. I haven't left in the middle of a match in this LTM yet. 

Message 71 of 196 (462 Views)

★ Guide
@ColdHours Im in the same boat....And its struggle.
Message 72 of 196 (441 Views)

Shadowfall? More like Pathfinderwins

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

So as long as you get a good automatic gun and are playing pathfinder, the shadows can't get close enough to melee and you can just wiggle your gun in their direction and 1 hit them.  Then on TOP of that the way the evac ships 'land' you cannot jump up into them as shadows.  I'm assuming most legends have this issue too?   Other than pathfinder.  The screen shot I'm attaching is what 99% of the games look like.  The number of winning pathfinders just varies.  Your play testers lack imagination if they couldn't figure this glaring issue out.

*edited to add*

I played a dozen games and while I give the spooky map redesign credit for looking nice and the sounds credit for being spooky, those are the only two areas this event shines in.  Gameplay/balance?  Trash.  I've had my fill of the Pathfinderwins event and this just makes me more convinced my decision to never spend a dime on this game is the right one.  Really the only reason I don't uninstall it is that it is a sometimes fun free game, kinda like those phone games you just waste time on when you have nothing else to do.  Until you run into a squad full of 'spastics' - doesn't matter what their legend is, all they have to do is have an automatic weapon and jump and wiggle while spraying in your direction.  Unless you do the same back, you can't land a decent shot on them and enough of their 30 bullet headed your way are headshots.  This is a HUGE problem regardless of event tho.  Some kind of stamina/jump nerf is desperately needed to keep close ranged encounters from just looking like a bunch of people having seizures in an earthquake.

Message 73 of 196 (367 Views)

★★ Novice
@EA_David I mean, concept is good. The issues I have are:
-teaming before the final 10
-dieing too fast as a shadowfall
-to respawn/fly in as shadowfall takes too long
-mode was fun for 3-4 games. after that it got annoying.

Hopefully you guys figure out something to curb the early teaming.
Message 74 of 196 (434 Views)

★★ Novice
@ElBirri I experiencced that once. Then it comes back after 1 game.. I would think it is similar to a "timeout"?
Message 75 of 196 (544 Views)

[ Edited ]
  1. Abandon penalty should be applied to this mode too, if they want to finish the challenge, they have to play the game until finish, no quitting. Quitting after you're killed, screwing up the winning chance for shadow.
  2. Also get rid the frickin charge rifle from this mode, people are sniping shadows from a far while skydiving (before they land) it's * stupid.
  3. And last one ban teamming man, set a * example for once, this cheating problem getting ridiculous.

You have 3 more weeks, you can make these changes before it gets really bad.

Message 76 of 196 (519 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

As usual hitreg is garbo but I am sure you already knew that.

Between that and the obvious aimbots I have seen in it...it is pretty fail in my eyes.

Message 77 of 196 (496 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Dumbest game type ever created 

Message 78 of 196 (477 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Really liked it, had some fun and intense games. Would have been cool if you started with two players in each squad (I kind of miss the team play during the start, for those hillarious gameplays and being able to communicate with someone, but I get that it might get tricky if one dies and becomes a shadow, perhaps both players have to die for either to become a shadow) but I really got the L4D feeling. And Kings Canyon <3

Message 79 of 196 (464 Views)

★★★ Guide
@ColdHours dude... can't understand you, normal game is more repetitive than this
Message 80 of 196 (451 Views)