Re: Shadowfall first impressions!

by DavidW74

Original Post

★★★ Guide
@SlivPTS for me shadow is more fun than solo.
Message 61 of 196 (479 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@Koochi-Q wrote:
So far every match is a campfest, but in a fun way. Lemme explain. As a legend, thats the only way you’ll secure victory with these odds. You get gear, camp, most likely will team up with the first person you see in beginning of game or towards the end (pre-10legends alive).
Camping as a zombie wil net you with insight to where ppl are. I’ve done both! First 2 games, top 5... I think even top 3... on my first time I did not know that ship was inbound so I activated my Beast of the Hunt only to find out I had to wait 90 mins... got taken out 3m in front of the ship XD. 3rd time I won (as legend) and afterwards won couple more times.

Camping and teaming up (either friends in same lobby or just through the famous dipping gestude) will happen throughout this mode. You just either have to find the right spot/person or don’t be such a person.

I find the mode to be very fun. Multiple wins as both Shadows as Legend. Was surprised to see actually that it was solo. Duo’s would’ve made a lot more sense imo.

Can’t tell you how... I really wanna say stupid/noobish some ppl are. I see in the distance a pathfinder waiting up top of a large building (thats still scaleable as a shadow), other shadows are there waiting for him to drop or whatever, he just ziplines in the ship and I’m like ‘really? You got him surrounded. Just climb up top. He can’t 360 degree shoot all of you at the same time’ but nooo, happend on multiple occasions that we lost due to 1 single pathfinder making it up on the ship...

I retract the teaming up part. I think people only did that for the 1 win on both sides. Now I just see everybody shooting anything that moves xD

Message 62 of 196 (453 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Way too many people are leaving after becoming a shadow.  Hate to even think it, BUT to save the integrity of the mode you should have put a leaving penalty on it. 

Message 63 of 196 (449 Views)

@warslag Me too, played for about an hour and got bored. That might just be me though, as the sounds etc and overall mode could be fun for many.
I just went back to the standard mode.
Message 64 of 196 (560 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

@xx_Dante2k_xx  I'm just playing it for the items. Then once that's done back to the standard mode. I only have 25 more legend kills to do and *4/6 challenges will be done. After that, complete 17 more daily challenges for the Alternator skin.

*EDIT: I didn't notice that there was a second half to the badge challenge until now. 

Message 65 of 196 (550 Views)

@ColdHours Yea, I started going for the skins then I thought I cant be bothered to play something I'm not enjoying, so I went back to the standard mode.

I like the map design and sound effects but dont like playing as shadows or whatever they are called lol. If they bring a bloodhound skin challenge I might play it for that.
Message 66 of 196 (544 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@xx_Dante2k_xx  It's understandable. Running as the shadows does get repetitive. And so does trying to clear waves of them while they all come in at you. My issue is with the people that are camping or teaming up before the 10 left alive. Also when you die at the last alive mark, one just sits there waiting for the match to be over. Because you have to watch the others and don't have the option to respawn in. 

Message 67 of 196 (533 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@ColdHoursrepetitive? leaving the match and queue is repetitive. besides after leaving there is a bug, the game mode disappear from the list.

Message 68 of 196 (510 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

@EA_David Pretty good game mode

Message 69 of 196 (507 Views)

★★★ Guide
@hhnbbfggty66 the other thing is my friend in kings cayon have better performance than the new map.

the diference is big, the new map for him run with 15 fps.
Message 70 of 196 (490 Views)