Shadowfall Idea (shadow kills reward)

by Wingmannedbro

Original Post

Shadowfall Idea (shadow kills reward)

★★★ Expert

So for starters, credits for this post to @ColdHours for brining up the idea.

Now, on my region, people seem to LOVE playing as shadow all day long, but many others reported that poeple are inclined to leave as soon as they die to re-que in order to get those 25 escapes.

@ColdHours mentioned to allow players to earn a shadow version of a legend as a skin for getting X kills, or X wins as a shadow.

I would like to add to that that to maybe earn the Shadowfall lobby screen as a reward, expanding the game's customization options, and preserving this gem of a lobby screen as a reminder/throwback to this great event.

The darker backdrop essentially is a darkmode for the lobby screen making it soothing on the eyes, and the candle lit screen really makes skins stand out and look great, especially Caustic's Prince of Darkness, and the new Lifeline and Bloodhound skins from the physical editions.

Thoughts?  Please "me too" this if you'd love to be have the Shadowfall lobby screen as a customization option.

Cheers.

Message 1 of 12 (539 Views)

Re: Shadowfall Idea (shadow kills reward)

★★★★ Pro

@Wingmannedbro  Great idea. I completely agree. Dark mode for Apex! One has it set for everything else. Why not Apex as well. It would make for a great background. And we could enjoy the spookiness even more so past the events expiration. 

Message 2 of 12 (522 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@Wingmannedbro Everything for darker games!
Message 3 of 12 (509 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Interesting idea but it's probably too late for the dev team to implement that now 

Message 4 of 12 (507 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@NienOClock  Well they can send me the patch or codes for the unlocks after the event if that's what it takes. Tongue out

Message 5 of 12 (504 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

I think they're planning for Thanks Giving and Christmas right now which are around the corner.

I expect for "giving" for us in Thanks Giving events.

Message 6 of 12 (487 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@asukojo Halloween is the best Holiday! Period. No amounts of cornucopias, easter eggs or stockings could compare. If any holiday is worth expanding on and having awesome loot it's definitely Halloween. 

Message 7 of 12 (483 Views)

★ Pro

Im down with anything to reinforce having everyone play it out. Something as simple as crafting metals for kills, respawns per 10 or whatever! 

Message 8 of 12 (470 Views)

1. Give shadow skin as reward for completing shadow's challenge (get x kill or get win etc), but here's the twist. This skin is only for temporary, for example, the skin only lasts for 24 hrs, then you have to complete the challenge again to earn it again, so it's not just 1 time thing. This will make people come back to play shadow again and again.

2. There should be another type of shadow, more powerful, more dangerous, more risky (1 HP) but there's only 1 of this type, I guess you can call it, the shadow lord or Shadow Master.
What's shadow lord? Shadow lord only spawns randomly with 7.4% chance. So anyone who's being respawned as shadow will have a 7.4% chance to become a shadow lord. And if one player is being killed more than 4 times (it has to be killed by legend, and not by suicide), his chance to be respawned as shadow lord is increased to 10% chance. Once a shadow lord exists, there won't be another, until that shadow lord is killed. Shadow lord only has 1 HP.

Shadow lord Skill:

• it can ping,
  • it can destroy traps, like crypto's drone, 25m rad, has cooldown
  • it can 1 hit purple armor
  • it has no melee delay or faster melee action
  • it can run faster, dive faster, climb faster, jump higher,
  • it can open / close door.
  • it has bloodhound's passive ability
  • it has no sound when running, jumping, or landing.
  • it has purple glow instead of orange. (eyes and body)

3. If shadows win the game, the shadow lord with the most kill will get the shadow lord skin with purple glow.

Also there should be an auto W button or auto lock on, because skydiving and running hurts my hand after 18hrs of playing nonstop as shadow.

It's Halloween, shadows should get more extra treatment and not the other way around.

I already thought about this particular idea (skin reward) before anyone said it. I didn't bother posting it because I'm just too lazy or I'm already given up on Respawn's ability to be able to hear an idea especially when it comes to skins (when money involved) or any idea from this forum, since they only hear suggestion from reddit...

Message 9 of 12 (456 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@lBreathTakingl  Respawn is just a pawn to EA. If anything, EA makes the final decisions. They read everything here. It's just a matter of importance. Which we all know how that goes.

Message 10 of 12 (451 Views)