Shadow and mods

by Nimiria

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Shadow and mods

★★★★ Novice

Hey there,

is there any way to attach a magazine mod to the shadow sniper rifle in multiplayer? I like the weapon but it overheats sooooo fast. Sadly I cannot put the mag mod on it. Is that a bug or intended? 

Message 1 of 9 (1,346 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Shadow and mods

@Nimiria

You can't attach a magazine mod on the Shadow sniper rifle simply because there isn't one for sniper rifles at all in multiplayer.  You are probably thinking SPARE ammo mod for sniper rifles which effects how many shots you have in total for the gun and since the Shadow is infinite ammo because of cooldown heat sink, that is worthless.  So there isn't anything wrong with your game, you are simply trying to use something that doesn't exist in multiplayer. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View in thread

Message 8 of 9 (1,551 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Mods are not allowed in MP.

[EDIT:  Clarification, mods that might give a player an advantage are not allowed.]

Message 2 of 9 (1,330 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Uhm.. I mean weapon mods. Like barrel etc. ^^

Those are legal and I found plenty in the store cards.

I just wonder why I can´t give my shadow sniper rifle the magazine mod. 

Message 3 of 9 (1,310 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Wait... You mean "official" modifications to weapons/amour using the game mechanics as provided for in the game itself", and not "player-produced mods to the game".

Oh...  Then yeah, I got nuthin'.

Message 4 of 9 (1,307 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Yes. I talk about the ingame modifications for weapons in multiplayer. Like Barrel and such. Almost every weapon can use a magazine mod, that increases the clip size. Why not the shadow? That is what I want to know Standard smile

Message 5 of 9 (1,294 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hey @Nimiria

You should be able to apply mods for Shadow once you unlock it. I know, because I'm using them myself Wink

Screenshot_4.png

Have you tried to repair the game in Origin? It's a simple trick that really can solve a lot of in-game issues Wink

/Ataashi

Message 6 of 9 (1,274 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thanks for the answer.

The mod I want to attach is the magazine mode, to increase clip size. Does that work for you? In your picture its the same 2 I have in my Shadow. I really would like to switch the scope for a magazine mod.

Message 7 of 9 (1,264 Views)

@Nimiria

You can't attach a magazine mod on the Shadow sniper rifle simply because there isn't one for sniper rifles at all in multiplayer.  You are probably thinking SPARE ammo mod for sniper rifles which effects how many shots you have in total for the gun and since the Shadow is infinite ammo because of cooldown heat sink, that is worthless.  So there isn't anything wrong with your game, you are simply trying to use something that doesn't exist in multiplayer. 

I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
Message 8 of 9 (1,552 Views)

★★★★ Novice

It could lead to have a bigger heat before it is overheated. But well I guess its just not what the devs wanted.

Message 9 of 9 (1,219 Views)