Settings / QoL - [PS4] vs. [PC]

by KompanietSauna

Original Post

Highlighted

Settings / QoL - [PS4] vs. [PC]

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Have you ever bought a car from another country, that ONLY allowed you to adjust your seat if you bought it over there? At your dealership the feature is removed. Hasn't happened to me.... Standard smile

First, really fun game! I'm a veteran PC gamer gone PS4 and I played the first Quake Rocket Arena and every instance since. 

For me it's just putting my head in Neutral Mode and just react and try to improve. I will Never grow tired of airgib and juggling enemies in the air.

To feel comfortable and not be hindered by Game Design choices and just play.

This is why I find it sad to once again see a PC version of a game I like that has all the necessary Settings/Options whereas the PS4 version is a "shell" in comparison more or less.

Console versions in general are often dumbed down and FORCE as a player me to "make do" with some COMPLETELY uncomfortable and sometimes ergonomically wrong Key Binding, Sensitivity, Deadzone, Acceleration, Field of View, etc. I think this needs to change. I'm not less in need of making my personal adjustments to be able to play well and thus have fun than a PC player, or is that what developers think? It's the complete opposite...If I'm to face Mouse & Keyboard players on a PC, let me adjust as much as possible because controller can never be as exact and quick and intuitive as M/KB.

I imagine devs talking between one another and going something like: "Hey, Steve! Port it to console as planned but strip it down. Don't waste time with the key bindings and settings, they don't care anyway, it's just dads in the couch that think jumping with 'X' in a fast paced shooter is a brilliant anywya.". Or is it laziness? I'm honestly interested in why this is done

EA:  I may have become a filthy casual and now game on console but I will ALWAYS want and need to adjust the basics and this is a game breaker. I play games that allow me freedom to be me. I tire quickly of constricting games.  Let me bind buttons how I want. Let me adjust Field of View and see the same amount of enemies on screen since the PC version has it. Let me fine tune my movement by having sliders for Deadzones, Acceleration, Aim Assist Snap To/Magnet.

Please?

TL;DR: Let the PS4 players adjust the same things as the PC players can and not only be free but FEEL free.

Message 1 of 1 (298 Views)