Servers - Will we get them?

by PPNSteve

Original Post

Servers - Will we get them?

★★ Guide

As a BF / Gaming community (clan) member, one of our big concerns are the servers.. will we have full access? dedicated servers? or what?

This needs to be addressed early on so at release there isn't any game-killing problems related to server situations.

Any comments?

Message 1 of 202 (5,439 Views)

Re: Servers - Will we get them?

★ Expert
@PPNSteve Definitely need servers and a server browser. No matchmaking.
Message 2 of 202 (5,420 Views)

Server tools please DICE!

★ Guide

For the love of god,

Let us please have Server tools this time around, to manage our own community servers. Like the good old days

Community servers is what makes the game fun, the variety... and especially when there's admins who actively spectate to prevent cheaters/unbalance.

Please DICE and EA, fullfil our wishes.

Message 3 of 202 (4,924 Views)

★★ Guide

Absolutley needed. 

My clan which was huge back in bf3 and bf4 disbanded when bf1 had no servers we could rent. I feel for lengevity this is really needed on PC atleast and if possible for console. 

Message 4 of 202 (5,392 Views)

Re: Server tools please DICE!

★★ Guide
@oRallenallen 100 mate, I really hope we can get them,this will help bring so many of the bf communities back that feel apart when it was taken away and will help bring those who chose to stay at bf3-4 forward with the franchise.
Message 5 of 202 (4,914 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

It already states there will be dedicated servers

Message 6 of 202 (5,379 Views)

★★ Guide
@Surfjayce Dedicated doesn't mean rentable, just means not using a p2p service like MW2 did.
Message 7 of 202 (5,376 Views)

Re: Server tools please DICE!

★ Guide

Yeah, exactly.

Communitys big part of games nowadays. So much more fun playing on one rather on official because like said, active admins=less cheaters and fun events.

Message 8 of 202 (4,897 Views)

★ Guide

Yea people confuse dedicated servers with people being able to self host servers.

We used to call it dedicated servers, but it has been forgotten now and needs to be revived again.

Message 9 of 202 (5,363 Views)

★★ Guide
@oRallenallen I keep trawling twitter to see if anyones given any information on it
Message 10 of 202 (5,355 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help