Re: Servers - Will we get them?

by GVlXxf

Original Post

Re: Community games 2042

★★ Guide
@UP_SunnyTheWolf I agree booster servers present a problem and this did get managed at game server level.

Also bf1 brought in the ridiculous 20 players to start.

Prior was a minimum of 4.

Not sure about traffic being directed. Servers got their regular players and players rotated through their favourite.

We will have to see how it goes.
Message 41 of 202 (1,112 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I totally agree . Server rental is way better and much easier to police against *********   (the forbidden word lol  ) 

Message 42 of 202 (1,083 Views)

★ Pro

I agree we need community controlled servers. And they need to make the server browser so it defaults to showing all games with no filters.  Show us all the games and then let the users filter as they please.

Message 43 of 202 (1,089 Views)

★★ Novice

Still waiting for an answer from Battlefield official

Message 44 of 202 (1,048 Views)

★★ Guide
@Eugeene_41 As expected.. I do hope they address this early so there are RSP/Community servers ready for launch day.
Message 45 of 202 (1,043 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I honestly don't mind if they're doing Dedicated servers. It prevents the chance that power hungry badmins will exist. They just absolutely have to ensure each continent has their own server at the launch of the game.

South Africa for instance, did not have their own dedicated servers at the launch of BFV, this is a slap in the face to everyone who bought that game. We were an after thought.

Message 46 of 202 (1,010 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@Surfjayceno, play BF4,  many region have no servers be albe to play( good/green ping), that why official server is good, what we need is just a better anti cheatin, everything is fine on server broswer/services

Message 47 of 202 (993 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I cannot remember the amount of hours that I poured into BF3 and BF4 and that was primarily due to the fact that we "owned" our own BF server for years and were able to run it as we saw fit. I avoided BF1 and BFV mainly because I don't like historical shooters but the lack of dedicated/private servers also played a part in that.

With 2042 giving off BF3/4 vibes, I have a group of pals who are eyeing up a return to BF and dedicated servers would be a huge factor in that.

Put me down as a +1 for dedicated/private servers.

Message 48 of 202 (927 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@CampFreddy365 wrote:

I cannot remember the amount of hours that I poured into BF3 and BF4 and that was primarily due to the fact that we "owned" our own BF server for years and were able to run it as we saw fit. I avoided BF1 and BFV mainly because I don't like historical shooters but the lack of dedicated/private servers also played a part in that.

With 2042 giving off BF3/4 vibes, I have a group of pals who are eyeing up a return to BF and dedicated servers would be a huge factor in that.

Put me down as a +1 for dedicated/private servers.

Did you make up your own rules to the BF3-4 servers? Kick players, other then cheating? I use to like privet servers, but not so much now if they make up their own rules or kick people for silly reasons.

Message 49 of 202 (909 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@FearNoTears - IIRC (cos we're talking over 5 years ago), we had our own map/game type rotation, custom messages for server rules (PTFO, no racism/abuse etc.) and people only got kicked for griefing, cheating or, on rare occasions, to make space for a clan member or a friend of the clan. Having that control is a HUGE positive.

Message 50 of 202 (894 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help