Server error to login or registration online

by RyuRazor94

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Server error to login or registration online

★★ Novice

Hello, I bought spore collection for Origin, installed and started the game, but can't connect online. Around I see that the servers are online, so what should I do? 

Message 1 of 16 (10,969 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Server error to login or registration online

★★ Pro
@RyuRazor94 When logging into spore.com, do you see your email address at the top of the page, or do you see MySpore Page with your Spore screen name?

If you see your email address, you will need to "Register" inside the game. Enter your EA Origin email and password, and a new screen name to use for Spore. After this you can login to the game, and logging into the website will show MySpore page with your new screen name.

If you have already created a Spore screen name, ensure that you are logging into the game with the correct email (not screen name) and password, and that your password does not contain special characters (the game does not support certain characters). If you get a message like "Network play disabled" open this folder C:\Users\your_name\AppData\Roaming\Spore\Preferences and delete login.prop file, this will reset Spore's online configuration and can resolve some issues.

Otherwise, what is the exact error message you get in the game, and do you get it when registering or when logging in?

View in thread

Message 6 of 16 (10,879 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Newbie

I believe you log in with your EA account stuff, but have you tried resetting your username or password? I bought Spore off of Steam, so I'm not too sure, sorry.

Message 2 of 16 (10,913 Views)

★★ Novice

If i go on the offical site i can log-in, but in-game not....

Message 3 of 16 (10,906 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I bought spore off of steam too, but I have the same problem.

Message 4 of 16 (10,897 Views)

Message 5 of 16 (10,881 Views)

★★ Pro
@RyuRazor94 When logging into spore.com, do you see your email address at the top of the page, or do you see MySpore Page with your Spore screen name?

If you see your email address, you will need to "Register" inside the game. Enter your EA Origin email and password, and a new screen name to use for Spore. After this you can login to the game, and logging into the website will show MySpore page with your new screen name.

If you have already created a Spore screen name, ensure that you are logging into the game with the correct email (not screen name) and password, and that your password does not contain special characters (the game does not support certain characters). If you get a message like "Network play disabled" open this folder C:\Users\your_name\AppData\Roaming\Spore\Preferences and delete login.prop file, this will reset Spore's online configuration and can resolve some issues.

Otherwise, what is the exact error message you get in the game, and do you get it when registering or when logging in?
Message 6 of 16 (10,880 Views)

★★ Novice

I made the frist step, register the ea account to spore in game. Thanks

Message 7 of 16 (10,859 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am having a similar problem, but I already have a registered username and all that. I can log in to the site without issue and see my username and I'm pretty sure that when I got this game many years ago, I was able to log into the game just fine and even still see my old saved creature and buildings on my spore.com account, but i cannot access then in-game because i cannot login. I already tried resetting my password and it did not make a difference. When I try logging into the game i get 

"Login Failed: There was an error connecting to the Spore servers." It then says that my computer may be offline or my internet connection may be having problems. It says to check my connection or go to spore.com for additional information and server status. 

I know my wifi connection is fine (i'm obviously typing this on a website) and am currently logged into spore.com on another tab and I know my login is correct and already reset. If you have any ideas, please help.

Thank you.

Message 8 of 16 (10,739 Views)

★★ Novice
@Smitty952 im getting the same problem, i saw many videos and no one helped
Message 9 of 16 (10,730 Views)

★★ Pro
@Smitty952 How did you install the game? If you are using the disc version, you will need to update it, although this requires uninstalling the game and then reinstalling from Origin. If the game does not appear in Origin, you can redeem the serial code from the manual to get it to appear.

If you are already using the latest Origin version of the game (or Steam/GOG), make sure Spore isn't restricted from accessing the internet by a firewall or antivirus.

Also, if your password contains special characters, such as symbols or accented letters, you may need to change your password to remove them, as the game does not support them (even though the website does).
Message 10 of 16 (10,697 Views)