Server Issue, Points Penalized

by TheSlussh

Original Post

Server Issue, Points Penalized

★★★ Newbie

Hey, my name is TheSlussh on Xbox playing Apex Legends. I got disconnected by the servers and disconnected from the entire game. I was playing with a friend and he was in the voice chat the entire time with me. When I finally got back into the lobby of the game, it says I got an abandon penalty and I didn't even leave! It kicked me out! -72 points for some server issue and I get back on and you guys penalize me. What's worse is that my buddy claims that his points aren't going up with an assist and he still has negative 36 points in that game. My teammates name is Flame On. He can confirm that I froze up and couldn't connect and got forced out. This is really stupid. 

Message 1 of 3 (195 Views)

Re: Server Issue, Points Penalized

★★★ Expert
@TheSlussh Sorry for your loss, but it sounds like a connection issue. The penalty applies because the game cannot determine the exact cause of a disconnection. Many players would exploit this otherwise (by turning off their modems, pulling off the cables, etc.) , in order to avoid RP loss when the match doesn't go in their favor.
Message 2 of 3 (162 Views)

Re: Server Issue, Points Penalized

★★★ Newbie

I have had the same issue a couple of times so is there any plans to fix that?

Message 3 of 3 (117 Views)