Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Serious question: Is PC population gone?

by Choongangchong

Original Post

★★★★ Novice

The playerbase has dropped off considerably from my experience playing the game since launch. Though, if you play gm1, you'll likely see people and have a more enjoyable time than gm2+ due to not having undergeared people as 'dead weight' with the health pools of enemies being higher. I could just be unlucky, but most of the time puging gm2 involves having people in my team who are simply not ready to be there, and it becomes a chore to run even a simple stronghold. So, I find even the better geared people just run gm1 for speed and less frustration if they inevitably get undergeared people.

Message 11 of 37 (233 Views)

Champion

I usually do GM1 when I'm on my own.

I reserve higher difficulties for when I'm in a premade squad.

"From what I’ve tasted of desire I hold with those who favor fire."

[Robert Frost - Fire and Ice]

I don't work for EA. The opinions I express are my own.
Message 12 of 37 (231 Views)

★★★ Guide

I'm on PC and it looks like I'm going to get another 10k from the weekly alliance. I have no problem joining a game with others but I'm sure its taking a toll on the player base with all the nonstop hate that's still going on. Bioware could deliver everything in next weeks update and people would still complain. I just wish the best for this game because I still enjoy playing it.

Message 13 of 37 (219 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Steve:  How did I end up in Bodie California?

Ghostly Voice: You loaded the PC version of Anthem.

Steve: What are you saying? I was sitting at my PC, next thing I am standing In Bodie.

Ghostly Voice: It's a feature not a bug. 

Steve: I am literally standing in a Ghost town.

Ghostly Voice: The player base is fine.

Message 14 of 37 (207 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@AI_AB_AI wrote:

I suspect that there might be issues with matchmaking. My girlfriend has just attempted to start quickplay on GM2 difficulty and was getting an error message stating that currently there are no activities on GM2 difficulty and this has happened a couple of times in a row. So I have started a legendary contract on GM2 difficulty while she has attempted to join a quickplay. There were two other players in my session, i.e. there was one free spot still left, however, she has joined a different session.

A friend and I were in a party together once, we decided to go chill in the Launch Bay "social area" and show off our Javelins etc.

The game loaded us into two separate instances of the Launch Bay, while still keeping us in the same party.

Message 15 of 37 (193 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@MaireDevylin wrote:

I have run across a lot of GM2 quick plays that never started, Strongholds that had 2 people in it, Legendary missions all by myself.

The population is seriously dropping off and/or people are playing mainly with their friends leaving the public missions barren,

Sounds like Normal/Hard queues right now, only better.

This morning there was finally more than two people showing up in the recommended list, and actually got to finish stronghold dailies with 5 whole minutes to spare before daily reset. 

Message 16 of 37 (189 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Good question. Let me ask my computer if I'm still playing Anthem.

Error retrieving pilot data.

Oh yeah, that's why I'm not playing.

Message 17 of 37 (173 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

In my opinion when discussing issues due to matchmaking it can depend a lot on your Region.

Here in Asia (South East Asia to be specific) I get matched in all the three GM2 Strongholds successfully both at afternoon and night (GMT +5:30 timezone) especially the daily Stronghold if any specific one is specified.

GM2 Legendary Contracts too fill up quickly at night though as it approaches the daily reset time (GMT +23:00) you might find yourself doing the Legendary Contracts alone.

Freeplay is usually full especially if there is the Elysian Key reward for World Events.

I only don't get full squads in Legendary Missions though I don't even attempt to try it now as some of them are honestly quite long and tough without a full squad.

With Summer Sales incoming I can only see the player population going up in Asia as this genre is very popular here and if the game is on a 33% discount or maybe even 25% will work as EA no longer supports regional pricing anymore though that is completely different topic.

Message 18 of 37 (502 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Apprentice

Contracts on GM2/3 seems to be dead and I'm tired of Anthem starting the contract even tho there are no other players. How about making a lobby so we don't have to load into the map, quit to main menu, load the game, then equip whatever consumables you just wasted and try again? You rinse and repeat this until you give up and either solo the contract on GM1, go stronghold or alt + f4 and play something else.

Right now Anthem end game feels like Stronghold on GM1 only. Personally I'm so sick and tired of those 3 strongholds I'd rather watch paint on the wall dry.

@prot8to wrote:

Good question. Let me ask my computer if I'm still playing Anthem.

Error retrieving pilot data.

Oh yeah, that's why I'm not playing.

You're not alone. That is also another way Anthem tells me to alt + f4 and play something else.

Message 19 of 37 (151 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

If you are doing regular contracts you should stop, they are hot garbage. They literally have zero advantage over any other content.

Freeplay, strongholds, legendary contracts all give superior rewards. I did quickplay mission the other day expecting a legendary contract and was amazed to find it was a regular one. Why anyone would do these is beyond me, other than not knowing they are horrible. A stronghold 1 GM difficulty lower would be of more benefit than a regular contract. When the daily says 'contracts' legendary ones count as well, they dont need to be regular ones. So unless you have to run 4 or more contracts, there is no reason to run regular ones.

Yes, its quite lame an entire type of content is much worse than the rest, personally I think regular ones should guarantee master works and legendaries should guarantee legendaries but here we are.

Stop running regular contracts.

I run freeplay gm2/gm3 and stronghold gm1/gm2 90% of the time and never have had empty spot in my expeditions (aside from people ditching, ugh). PC NA PST

Message 20 of 37 (129 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help