Re: Senior designer at respawn thinks he’s funny

by BigBlackCaustic

Original Post

★★★★★ Expert
@boy_Hoodle I can think of a couple of threads just off the top of my head without checking and I'm being perfectly reasonable with you.

I can be quite abrupt or direct but I wouldn't take that personally. Standard smile
Message 51 of 65 (527 Views)

★★ Guide

@apostolateofDOOM you can’t control how people are going to take what you say so in my opinion instead of being rude within the confines of the rules, you should just be more careful how you talk to people. It goes a long way especially if your goal is a healthy discussion.

im all too familiar with the overwatch forums and how people like to bait anger and responses simply for amusement or to get certain ideas off of the forum and if that is anyone here’s goal, Shame on you. 

I am passionate about games because it’s an outlet for a lot of things I use to be heavily into combat sports and has a bad injury and surgery It was my only other passion besides gaming so yeah I take it seriously and don’t want to see every single game take the same route of how can we get the easiest money even if it sacrifices loyal players experience. 

I wish people took video games as serious as I do

Message 52 of 65 (518 Views)

★★★ Pro
@MandatoryIDtag I'd be fine with a second casual mode with no SBMM, like Siege has Quick play, unranked and ranked. But i don't want the only unranked mode to be without SBMM.
Message 53 of 65 (1,276 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@boy_Hoodle I honestly don't care how you or anyone else takes it as I speak plainly and openly both online and irl, it makes no difference.

If you want to discuss something in an online forum or generally for that matter, you shouldn't take things personally where people have opposing views or talk in a different manner to you as I haven't been rude or tried baiting you but mentioned some inconsistencies in what you have written so maybe you should take your own advice on how you speak to people.
Message 54 of 65 (505 Views)

Champion

@BigBlackCaustic  Yeah i get that man, i don't wanna be rolling over teams of level 20 newbloods either haha. 

I just want an alternative that's actually casual, where i can do dumb crap like my p2020's challenges and not have to worry about running into aspiring predators playing like their lives depend on it. Tongue out

Call me old fashioned but sometimes i like to just have a simple enjoyable match from time to time without having to be ultra competitive. 

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 55 of 65 (470 Views)

★★★ Pro
@MandatoryIDtag Yeah a mode without SBMM that doesn't affect or track stats would be nice, even if in my case for memes like dual mozam lifeline.
Message 56 of 65 (428 Views)

Hero

Sooo anyone catch that cool thing a dev said about sbmm? lmfao

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 57 of 65 (425 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

Really guys?

This is getting ridiculous now. Just to let you know there is a block function in the forum. Maybe it'd be worth blocking people you really can't communicate with in a civil manner, rather than bickering incessantly.

Trying to bring this back on topic.

@apostolateofDOOM An opt in/out function would be cool.

Although people opting out of sbmm would likely still complain their matches were too difficult lol. I honestly think leaving it to pure chance would be the "fairest" way possible in an alternative mode like that, you might have rough sessions but you'll certainly have good ones too.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 58 of 65 (482 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@MandatoryIDtagSaid before I wouldn't mind a free for all but do you think any solution would stop the complaints? xD

Message 59 of 65 (456 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@boy_Hoodle Conveniently ignored the question of when did I call you a liar? 

@MandatoryIDtagYea this season was no regs but could you imagine next season you don't fire any bullets at all. 

Respawn - It's on the none game breaking to do list. xD

Message 60 of 65 (427 Views)