by BigBlackCaustic

Original Post

Re: Senior designer at respawn thinks he’s funny

★★★★★ Expert

Finally back with the alt account

Message 31 of 65 (398 Views)

Hero
@boy_Hoodle If you are trying to get a 2-4k damage badge and a 20 bomb in ranked then that is your problem. That is a quite hard task to do unless a pro player who does nothing with their life but apex. Do duos run towards every bullet you hear every person you see take them out. Thats how you will earn your badges you want. Ranked it will be another story to get these badges even in bronze / silver / gold. You have understand also a lot last season did not do ranked. Like myself. Season 2 im pred season 3 came with split i was plat. This season i was bumped to silver. So a lot of us dont use our trails a lot of us are placed in lower ranked matches because we did not do ranked last season. SBMM is not so much the problem but you have some very good to pro players who ignore raned till bored one day and jump in a lobby fresh. Myself was one of them i slowly been doing ranked here and there this season so i do not get placed in those lobbies again if i do feel the need to do ranked with friends again. It is not fair for the new players who are being placed in same ranked match as me who ignored ranked and was downgraded a lot.

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 32 of 65 (388 Views)

★★★ Pro
@boy_Hoodle I really think you don't get my attitude towards it. It does not matter who is better than whom. Im opposed to have lower ranking players in my games because i don't have the need to flex. And many pro players are against it cause they know they need "highlights" to keep their fans entertained, usually children as intended target audience cause they don't question their use of the "bot lobby" exploit.

Most pros and streamers lose revenue and see their viewership rapidly plummet if they switch games or stream higher ranks exclusively. Hell, switching to a game they don't understand right away shows how many of them really are, back when i was still interested in Siege and DBD it was a running joke that either higher ranking streamers or pros from games like OW, Fortnite etc. Come along and make the worst assessments, demand ridiculous balance changes and send in the kids to spam their opinions. The DBD community even bullied Ninja off that game right of the bat after having seen the cycle to many times.

For me its more about the game rather than the outcome, i don't mind losing as long as the fight was a good one. I want to see some interesting close fights and not just go in and overrun 3 new players that are trying to figure out the UI while looting a death box and flex about that.
Message 33 of 65 (384 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@E9ine_AC nope I hardly play comp anymore I can get the same experience in pubs without losing RP and having to rat to “win”

@BaldWraithSimp idk what ur talking about but thanks for the bump

@BigBlackCaustic i mean I don’t know if you watch streams but whenever I see a pro go into pubs they usually do just fine...

in fact have you seen tsm albralelie play ranked? He holds W key on predators and 1v3s regularly vs other pros. I think they think it is stupid to have sbmm in a casual playlist when they have a dedicated ranked playlist. That is a direct quote from aceu. Last season was my first comp season ever and bronze was basically bot lobbies, so I don’t see why that can’t be where players go after they get out of the bot area of casual play. 

and again, my goal is not to steamroll pubs, my goal is to have less stressful pubs where I am basically the bot for preds that have played since launch. 

Message 34 of 65 (379 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@boy_Hoodle What rank are you?
Message 35 of 65 (347 Views)

★★ Guide

@apostolateofDOOM I just said I’m not playing ranked because it’s just pubs with more to lose

Message 36 of 65 (343 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@boy_Hoodle Not anymore but what were you previously?
Message 37 of 65 (339 Views)

★★ Guide

@apostolateofDOOM that’s irrelevant to anything having to do with this post and my experience of sbmm, never have been a rank where I should be matched with preds in comp we can leave it at that.

Message 38 of 65 (334 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@boy_Hoodle I would hardly say it's irrelevant when you're level 23 with 195 kills (obviously an alt) complaining about SBMM (which is the point of the post) that protects new players from people like you.
Message 39 of 65 (328 Views)

Champion

Out of interest is there a middle ground you would all settle on?

Would sbmm bother you all as much if there was a "mercernary" style game mode, where premades could not participate?

That way the sbmm system in place wouldn't be as tilted by high stack premades.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 40 of 65 (308 Views)