Re: Select-fire hop-up next to go?

by hhnbbfggty66

Original Post

Select-fire hop-up next to go?

[ Edited ]
Champion

Select-fire hop-up next to go?

Does anyone else feel like the select-fire hop-up is falling into redundancy? 

Now that the charge rifle has come into play it feels like the heavily underused select fire option on the Havok is now even more underused.

The Prowler is still going strong but with its nerf and so many other great weapon options now I feel like even that is getting less use.

Would people be happy if the select fire option was on these weapons off the bat, similar to weapons like the Hemlok & Flaline? How would you go about implementing this change?

Discuss!

Hey there I'm a volunteered Champion! I don't work for EA I just like to help out around the forums, keep the peace and submit ideas to the community.

Did I answer your question? Please leave some tasty XP or even mark as a solution!

Got some QOL ideas for Apex? Add them here: 

Apex Legends QOL Collection

Message 1 of 17 (636 Views)

★★★ Expert
@Cabowse I think the single blast mode of Havoc needs changing. It could be something like launching a gravity grenade, useful to drag enemies out of their cover, but using a high amount of ammo (8-12) and a limited range (like 150m or so).Other ideas would be to have a powerful but very wide spread blast that also pushes back or slows hit enemies or a sort of a tractor beam, that would slow the target significantly while also taking a small amount of damage.

Select fire could also be added to the Charge rifle, allowing it to use the beam continuously by eating ammo every half of a second or so, but with an overheat that starts hurting the player if he doesn't give the weapon a few seconds to cool off.
Message 2 of 17 (616 Views)

@DoYaSeeMe What damage does the Havoc do now in single fire mode ? I dont think I have ever used it.
Message 3 of 17 (608 Views)

★★★ Expert
@xx_Dante2k_xx 60 or so, but takes 4 energy ammo per shot and requires like half a second of charge up time.
Message 4 of 17 (601 Views)

★★★ Pro

Select Fire pretty bad. It only used for Powler If Havoc Single Fire was hit scan, i use it more often, but turbo is better. 

Message 5 of 17 (587 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@Leo_the_Lion25  Turbo+Devotion=Profit

Message 6 of 17 (544 Views)

★ Guide

Yeah, I've always thought the Prowler should innately have selective fire on it. Havoc has never been good with selective fire.

Message 7 of 17 (508 Views)

★★★ Expert

@Leo_the_Lion25 wrote:

Select Fire pretty bad. It only used for Powler If Havoc Single Fire was hit scan, i use it more often, but turbo is better. 

Havoc single fire actually is hitscan, according to devs and EA themselves.

Message 8 of 17 (493 Views)

★★★ Pro
@Cabowse They should put the Select-Fire on the Hemlock...
Full Auto!

:D
Tongue out
Hemlock + Select-Fire = Greatness!
Message 9 of 17 (481 Views)

★★★ Expert
@hhnbbfggty66 With Hemlok full auto, they could take out Prowlers and bring in actual Prowlers (the beasts from Titanfall 2 Standard smile ).
Message 10 of 17 (470 Views)