Re: Seizures from Mass Effect Andromeda

by mgdemian86

Original Post

Seizures from Mass Effect Andromeda

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hey guys, 

I bought ME Andromeda like 2 months ago and I haven't played it until 2 weeks ago because I played other games. I didn't even download it until then.

Anyway I can not play this game because I get this green flickering that alot of ppl have. The problem is, it is really causing pain in my eyes and head and I can't even watch the screen for a second without feeling very weird. 

So I tried to fix this somehow but it's always back when I restart the game. Basically I have to lower the resolution and rise it up again. But I can not do that because I just can't watch the screen without that pain. With that reason I wanted a refund because I don't see them working on the game anymore which means this will never be fixed. But I can't get a refund either because I own the game for too much time now. Even tho I haven't even downloaded it. Next step was contacting support via ticket but ofc they didn't reply. 

I just wanted to thank EA for their awesome customer support and how awesome their games work. You guys totally care about your customers and its not all about the money.

Message 1 of 4 (906 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Are you talking about the green flickering ? What system do you have ? Does it include an Nvidia card ? If so this can be fixed.

If you do have an Nvidia card, try this (it works for most people):

- open nvidia control panel
- go to change resolution
- at the bottom, select "use nvidia color settings"
- hit ok and close

Message 2 of 4 (864 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@scrawny633 wrote:

But I can't get a refund either because I own the game for too much time now.

EA sometimes makes exceptions if you have technical difficulties. You could try contacting support again, but support is slower on Sundays.

I don't think the technical issues are on their end, however, since the green flickering is commonly associated with Nvidia. They may not want to refund for that reason.

@scrawny633 wrote:

So I tried to fix this somehow

What steps have you taken so far? The fixes and workarounds I know of are:

• Running the game in borderless mode instead of fullscreen
  • Changing Nvidia color more to Use "Nvidia Color Settings."
  • Updating graphics drivers.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 3 of 4 (849 Views)

★★★ Novice
Have you tried computer/blue-light blocking glasses with games like this? I have a similar, if inverse problem with seizure causing flashes, and they really helped me out.
Message 4 of 4 (817 Views)