Re: Seems noboody is happy these days

by jumanjaydazed

Original Post

Seems noboody is happy these days

★★ Expert

Pretty intense when it comes to the dissatisfaction of season 2. Hacks, cheats, servers, connections, dcs, skins, bp....and whatever else there is. After season 1, people knew what they were getting into for season 2, especially if they purchased bp.  Some got it for free, some didn't. I've ranted, I've been a * and had some fun on this forum. Done with the rants and neg comments and what have ya. Waste of my patience tbh.  High expectations are sth you should never have, especially  when it comes to gaming. Why is it so difficult for people to quit playing and move onto sth else? Why can't people use common sense when spending $ on sth that has had problems in the past and no notions/promises of being repaired properly? It's kind of mind boggling seeing how many ppl are pissed about everything going on with this game. Although, there has been many improvements, but some problems are still lingering like your grandpa's fart.  I honestly couldn't get though a match on 4 different servers for 2 hours yesterday without getting laser'd by some punk that should have been banned ages ago. I feel for those of you who paid for this game and dealing with all the problems. But good on those of you who still enjoy it. Point is, as gamers, sometimes we need to give our heads a shake. Instead of being sheep and following your favorite streamers n' doing or buying what they do, start using common sense. They get paid for it, you don't.

My name is jumanjaydazed, I'm a nacho addict. I've haven't eaten nachos in roughly 7 days now.

Heart

Message 1 of 25 (522 Views)

★★ Pro

I moved hemispheres a couple of years ago and I was so gutted when I realised that I wasn't going to be able to afford a PC for a long time.  It was just a massive downer that I was going to be stuck on console, not by choice.  The difference between my experience on Apex on xbox and what I read about and see footage of on PC has totally vindicated the consoles in my mind and given them a permanent place in gaming for me.

I couldn't have enjoyed Apex on the PC like I do on xbox.  Worth

Message 2 of 25 (502 Views)

★★ Guide
Message 3 of 25 (500 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Expert

@SS_Mabezan 

Sorry, I can't use reddit when I live.  

@Anlbrd 

I'm thinking of getting a gold pass for my xbox...crappy thing is that it's region locked. But I guess in Apex we can choose data centres...might try it out

Message 4 of 25 (492 Views)

★★ Guide

CODE: LEAF/NET
First some context as to what these errors mean:
code:leaf - the server never answered us when we asked it if we could connect
code:net - we were on a server and it disappeared on us and stopped answering

Back at launch we had a few different things that would display an overly generic timeout error, and the problem was that it could mean 4 different things (only one of which was a true timeout). So we added 4 different error strings and put random words in each one so that we could differentiate them both at the customer support level and also on our error tracking backends.

In our 1.2 patch, users started getting this more often. The consistent report is that it happens after an extended time on the Kings Canyon load screen just after a match starts.

The vast majority of players reporting the error are getting code:leaf. This means the backend created a match, our servers successfully talked to one another, we sent users there, and the player never got an answer from that new server.

We then gathered enough data to prove that servers don't think clients are timing out, but clients think servers are timing out. That was a strange finding. We also verified that we aren’t launching matches that are partially full - so code:leaf seems to hit every single player on that match server, not just some players.

So we’ve been investigating a lot of situations that could be causing this and working our way through theories to see what it could be and steadily eliminating possibilities. In addition to the work ongoing on our end, we’ve also been working with Multiplay and data teams to gather more telemetry.

We’ll keep you all updated on progress as we continue to work on this.

https://i.redd.it/7n8qbk1nry931.jpg
CHEATING
We know reports of cheaters, especially in Ranked, have been a hot topic so this week we also wanted to provide a little visibility into some of the work that’s been going on behind the scenes to combat cheating:

Using machine learning to create behavior models that detect and auto ban cheaters.
Requiring TFA in certain regions on high risk accounts.
Improving detection that identifies and bans new spam accounts before they are used.
Ongoing work to adapt to new cheats.
Matchmaking that matches detected cheaters and spammers together.
Investigating how people party up for matches. Even if you are not specifically using a cheat, partying up with cheaters is still cheating.
Increasing resources whether that be people or tech.

As we’ve said before, the war against cheaters will be ongoing and remains a high priority for us. There will always be work to do, improvements to make, and new things to adapt to. We’d like to thank the players that have been getting involved with helping us squash cheaters over the last week whether it be submitting reports or assisting with the vetting process for suspicious behavior.

If you encounter a cheater you can report them here. If you can please try to capture video proof as well.

Understand that we are not going to discuss the details of a specific ban with players on any public forums. If you feel that you have been wrongly banned you can appeal it here.

ESPN EXP EVENT
Yesterday streamers, athletes, and celebs competed in a fun live event to raise money for The V Foundation. The players put on a great show and if you didn’t get a chance to watch the livestream last night you can check out the VOD here.

https://i.redd.it/0lcfta8fpy931.jpg
TWITCH PRIME LOOT
Starting today you can grab the next skin in the roster by linking your Twitch Prime account here. This time it’s Bangalore rocking the Dino Dynamo rare skin. And don’t forget to grab Wattson L-Star skins as well if you haven’t yet.
Claim the skins here. https://twitch.amazon.com/prime/loot/apexlegends/?ref_=SM_OM_APEX2_2019_CRWN

PATCH NEXT WEEK
We are currently working to release a client patch next week and will discuss the details of the fixes coming with it in the patch notes then.

Message 5 of 25 (185 Views)

★★ Guide

@jumanjaydazedthe devs gave us a big update on code leaf and code net and also a massive one on cheaters

CHEATING
We know reports of cheaters, especially in Ranked, have been a hot topic so this week we also wanted to provide a little visibility into some of the work that’s been going on behind the scenes to combat cheating:

Using machine learning to create behavior models that detect and auto ban cheaters.
Requiring TFA in certain regions on high risk accounts.
Improving detection that identifies and bans new spam accounts before they are used.
Ongoing work to adapt to new cheats.
Matchmaking that matches detected cheaters and spammers together.
Investigating how people party up for matches. Even if you are not specifically using a cheat, partying up with cheaters is still cheating.
Increasing resources whether that be people or tech.

Message 6 of 25 (455 Views)

Re: Seems nobody is happy these days

[ Edited ]
★★ Expert

@SS_Mabezan 

Thanks for the info

I know about the code leaf update...but ppl are consonantly getting errors. I did have 1 hour of play without one 2 days ago.  yesterday was a different story.

Yeah...seems things are always "behind the scenes"  but nothing is getting done. They don't provide any info other than that because they don't want the "cheaters to know what they are up to" ........That's why gamers are pissed.

Also...this is the stupidest thing I've read today   " Even if you are not specifically using a cheat, partying up with cheaters is still cheating"  so....ppl are probably going to get banned for being matched up with cheaters....?

This made me laugh as well

"cheaters and spammers are going to be matched up together" huh? what? If they are already detected, then why the hell would they be no cut from the system instead of them being able to play? Confusing,,,

Anyways.,..as long as ppl are optimistic about the future of the game, then it's all good.

Heart

Message 7 of 25 (447 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

you see,if they are already cut from the system,then they can easily make a new account and implement their cheats,but if they are matched against other cheaters,they don't stand a chance lmao

they are releasing this patch next week,and will update us on the fixes they are making

Message 8 of 25 (438 Views)

★★★ Guide
@jumanjaydazed you matched up with cheaters the best option is report and quit
Message 9 of 25 (420 Views)

★★ Expert

@ElBirri 

wow ...really? Pretty sure nobody's ever thought of that as a solution Raised eyebrow

If you've ever get matched up with cheaters, you're not going to know until at least midway through the game cause you usually focusing on your own game- play, not others.

Heart

Message 10 of 25 (415 Views)