Re: Seeing what others thought of Crysis 1,2 & 3

by EA_Darko

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Seeing what others thought of Crysis 1,2 & 3

★★★ Novice

Ok have to ask to see if I am the only one. Just got done playing crisis 1,2,&3 and they are great games but it is the first time I come to not like the aka hero of the story along with who you fight. I get your out to save the world from aliens taking over but what is the difference in them and profit taking over someone else. For me when Profit shot his self he should have ended there and You pick up his work with Alcatraz. Just did not like the whole Profit taking over someone else, I get what the suit is suppose to do but they could have just made profit the voice he hears warning him instead of a AI voice.

Message 1 of 4 (337 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

The Crysis series is one of my favourite @MadDogBrian, have played through the first 2 a half dozen times and must have started the third game at least ten times and never actually finished. Must get around to do so, maybe next weekend I have free I can load it up and see about playing it through.

The bow is still one of the coolest weapons ever.

Image result for crysis gif

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (326 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

The Crysis series is one of my favourite @MadDogBrian, have played through the first 2 a half dozen times and must have started the third game at least ten times and never actually finished. Must get around to do so, maybe next weekend I have free I can load it up and see about playing it through.

The bow is still one of the coolest weapons ever.

Image result for crysis gif

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 4 (327 Views)

★★ Novice

It's PROPHET not profit.  Turn on the subtitles if you can't spell.  Anyway I just played thru the games one after the other.  They were all moderately fun. But Crysis 2 is complete garbage, In that it was not written correctly, And required that you create a config.sys file to get it to run without lagging.  And even after that you get double displays during cut scenes.  My computer far exceeds the game requirements, And it lagged.  Turning down the graphics did nothing to help.  Finally I had to disable internal shadows completely, Because they were added to the game incorrectly.  Then it ran extremely smooth. But gave me double displays during cut scenes.

So far as playability, The games were a constant series of obstacles to overcome.  Many of them very difficult.  But most of the scenarios were done wrong.  I could run through and entire mile long stretch of enemies, Without ever getting shot once. And go straight into the next area unopposed.  This should not be possible. Instead there should be more ammo in that area, And the player has to complete it to move on.  Which brings up my next point.

Where the hell are all the arrows for this new bow?  I almost never had arrows.  Seriously what is the point in giving us a bow with no ammo?  That should be the first ammo that I find in any area, Not a rarity.

Anyway, I completed all four games pretty fast.  I wasn't all that impressed with them.  Wiggly monsters that throw themselves at you, Just don't cut it.  And there wasn't very much in the way of science fiction objects, So it wasn't exciting to look at.  The burned out, rotted, drab environment got old really fast.  So i was looking forward to some high tech scenes that weren't so ugly.  But I never got them.  Just the innards of weird machines, And the occasional large structure. But nothing that made me go wow.  I will probably replay the games again next year if I don't have anything better to play.  But I won't worry about it if i don't.    CAN IT RUN CRYSIS?  Who cares!  

Message 3 of 4 (201 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @Cartephylus, when posting on AHQ please do so in a polite and constructive manner.

I'm going to lock this thread as it is quite old.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 4 of 4 (193 Views)