Re: Seasons Eatings and why i'm done

by TiltedPixel

Original Post

Seasons Eatings and why i'm done

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

You changed the PvP into Overwatch from a more TF2 focused style, you launched on PC with massive performance issues and bugs. The event map every month is just as redundant as i said it would be. I'm over it after farming the FIRST ONE. It feels like a job... not a fun event, but a month long DAILY. No thanks. 

Then i come back, and i'm greeted with a Holiday bundle you expect me to pay for... it's becoming very clear why the foil pack system was reworked into what we have today. You plan on doing this frequently. Bundle packs with exclusives that only an open wallet can gain access to which i'm sure you will continue to tie into the base game to keep the overall price around $40-$50... GW was never about that life. You could farm the coins and buy anything you wanted. Now we have paid for only skins and lets be real here... skins are THE ONLY thing to chase in this game, since you also got rid of variants. 

I've been with you guys since PvZ1... i was here DAY ONE of GW1. I'm done, this game is an insult to your original GW fanbase with it's lazy, uninspired copy/paste maps, all the other issues listed above and now it's a greedy cash grab as well. 

EDIT: After typing this, i felt compelled to make a video on it. I RARELY make content anymore. This has bothered me quite a bit. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJhTJEYIfLY&t=17s 

Message 1 of 13 (1,269 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Yep.  This game is a massive failure.

Message 2 of 13 (1,256 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Yeee i feel your way, im not so crazy about skins, but gameplay is also way worse than GW. Feels like this year is last for that game. And i think really hard before buyin GW3 if it ever happens.

Message 3 of 13 (1,200 Views)

★★ Guide

Sadly I agree when the game came out I was hooked but a month into it with all regions completed all characters mastered and all cosmetics I have no point to play the game. When i first heard of the prize map i thought this game will get constant content but what I didn't expect was the content is is almost impossible to obtain. I say almost impossible because if you have all the free time in the world but with school its impossible. And on the weekends I have time instead of having fun I have to think and stress about having to make every second count. To top it all off with the bundles which I think will keep on coming from recent evidence these bundles aren't worth it and I wont be surprised if in the future these new characters there talking about will have to be bought in a bundle/rux or do a grind like the current prize map. Which is difficult.

Message 4 of 13 (1,186 Views)

★ Guide

Its pretty fun to compare the heavy overwatch influences:

Roses goatify is Hanzos dragon ultimate.

Citron is now reinhardt

Super brainz is bridget

nightcap is essentially tracer, they even tried to put a scarf on nightcap like the blizzard team gave tracer in early concepts which is now what they call an energy ribbon

Engineer lays down a turret like Torbjörn

Superstar has a Winston shield generator

snipers (cactus and pirate) charge up their weapons like Widowmaker and pirate actually has an anchor/grappling hook.

I don't know, theres probably more but thats what comes to mind right now.

And at least overwatch gives you plenty of opportunities to unlock different skins throughout the year, weather its holiday or specific event themed skins.

Message 5 of 13 (1,138 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@EQOAnostalgia  I’m only 6:00 into your video and think I agree 100% with every breath up to this point.

Bravo, sir.

Message 6 of 13 (1,106 Views)

★★★ Pro
@TiltedPixel nah nah scientist is definitely more like tracer. they both have 3 dashes Wink
Message 7 of 13 (1,098 Views)

★ Guide

I agree with so much of what you talk about In your video, one thing you brought up which I have secretly hoped for as well is that maybe this is truly a separate title and they will come out with a GW3. The problem is that if this game fails I fear EA wont want to spend the money or resources developing anymore PVZ shooters at least not for a long while, pop cap downsizes and they just stick to the mobile platform.

Message 8 of 13 (1,060 Views)

★ Guide
@EQOAnostalgia Sadly i can't argue with any of what you said here.GW1 spoiled me and in my eyes, it was almost perfect.
Message 9 of 13 (1,034 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@kingcodered"Sadly I agree when the game came out I was hooked but a month into it with all regions completed all characters mastered and all cosmetics I have no point to play the game."

This is a good point. I am also not into redoing areas i have completed. The weird thing is that this is not the way I feel about GW1. Of course everything was maxed years ago, but i'll be damned if that game isn't just 'fun' to play. Don't care that there isn't anything to earn, it's just plain fun. I really want this to be like that.  I doubt i would feel like this if there hadn't been so many character choices.  No monotony.

And i know they aren't doing variants because of balancing, i get it, but even the way they left GW1 with OP fire chomper and Chemist, there were so many choices that to this day, most of the GW1 matches i play in end very very close. With all the maps it just wasn't feasible to be a chomper, or scientist...all the time.  There is a wide variety of characters i see in every GW1 match. 

Message 10 of 13 (1,029 Views)