Re: Season 9 Review (My Opinion)

by rockyboy1998

Original Post

Season 9 Review (My Opinion)

★★★ Pro

Firstly, apart from the server issue I actually think this has the potential to being one of the best seasons. 

I really like the new arena mode, after playing ranked it is a fun, different mode to play and it allows you and your squad to play something completely different. Personally, I don't think it is a mode that I will ever solo queue on but it is fun, its enjoyable and it makes you use different aspects of your skill set. 

I think the new bow is a fantastic weapon in this game, however it is incredibly strong and I personally think that this weapon should have been introduced via the care package due to how strong it is. The PK coming out of the care package is great, it's nice to finally have all weapons of one category on the floor. 

Spawning in with a shield is great, however I don't think the shield you drop with should be an EVO, I don't think the balance is quite right there but again that is just my opinion. 

Personally, I still think clubs could be shown some more love. Having a club leaderboard would be great, it would bring some personal - inter club competition if you could see who has the highest K/D, damage, etc throughout the season and would also show which players are on form or not. 

I'm happy with this, despite the Prowler not being out of the CP. Fingers crossed it only stays good from here! 

Message 1 of 10 (368 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@rockyboy1998 putting the bow in care package sounds like a good idea. though I think the devs want people to use the new weapon and have more fun (I would assume that the main reason most players come to season 9 is for the bow and valkyrie)
Message 2 of 10 (366 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@rockyboy1998 The bow could use some tweaks but I think it's in not as bad as some make it out to be. Have you not tried Valkyrie?
Message 3 of 10 (343 Views)

★★★ Pro
@Lord_Scorpion34 I really like the bow, honestly it's so much fun to play with, it's fairly hard to use but as soon as you get the hang of it it is amazing! I do agree with you though, if you're getting hit by it... just stop peeking!

No I haven't, not in a game only in the firing range. I have played against her though and one of my teammates is using her hard right now. I think she's well balanced, I just think she's a bit too fast taking off in her ult... but yeah pretty good!

@flatt1e yeah, I thought it would have entered as a CP weapon. I like it a lot though and I am not complaining that it's out!
Message 4 of 10 (326 Views)

Champion
@Lord_Scorpion34 The bow is a charge rifle without the beam. Watching albralelie with it in predator ranked I realized just how broken it is.
Message 5 of 10 (323 Views)

★★★ Pro
@hayhor I would go to the extent to say that its stronger...

It's makes barely any sound
It's hard to see where you are getting shot from
It hits for insane damage
With the 3x scope, its unreal

I dropped into my first game of pubs with it and done 2000 and something damage... I only used the bow...
Message 6 of 10 (318 Views)

Champion
@rockyboy1998 All those reasons you mentioned were why I said "without the beam". The beam is hit scan and can be high damage but gives your position away. The bow doesnt do any of that.
Message 7 of 10 (273 Views)

★ Expert
@rockyboy1998 Nice review.

I agree with the Bow. I probably would have put the Mastiff back in the Care Package and buffed it back to its original form. I think the TT should still be in general loot and would be a solid counter to the Bow.

I like Arenas a lot too, and Valkyrie is a great legend addition.

The map changes though I'm not so high on. It seems quite underwhelming vs the hype. It's just that one small area of Olympus. Granted it is improved, but they made it sound like vines were all over the map and major changes were all over the place.

Battle Pass is underwhelming to me. I was expecting a TitanFall theme with Legacy. Not much I want other than crafting metals and some stuff for Valkyrie.

I guess we will see when WE is back in rotation. I like the new season overall. One of the better ones, but not yet ready to call it one of the best.
Message 8 of 10 (270 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@hayhor I don't think I've hit scanned with it. But my accuracy with it has been pretty good. Thanks Aloy! 😂
Message 9 of 10 (245 Views)

★★★ Pro
@hayhor I know, I was just emphasising on the matter
Message 10 of 10 (207 Views)