Season 8 map update discussion

by EA_David

Original Post

Season 8 map update discussion

Community Manager

Greetings legends, check out our blog breaking down the post-kaboom S8 update to KC. 

https://answers.ea.com/t5/News-Game-Updates/Season-8-map-updates/m-p/9998336#M99

s8map1.PNG

Personally I miss farm already. 

Let us know what you think below. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 1 of 24 (1,464 Views)

Re: Season 8 map update discussion

★★★ Expert
@EA_David I want to know who has Syndicate contracted to rebuild some of the areas so fast that the wrecked ship didn't even stop burning Standard smile

I welcome the change of lighting and hope it's not too bright.
Message 2 of 24 (1,421 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@EA_David oh I'm so hyped my brother!

IMG_9046.JPG

IMG_9050.JPG

Message 3 of 24 (1,409 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@EA_David“ Thinning out densely-packed smaller POIs to give more breathing room and reduce combat choke points” This says it all... more sniper points...

Especially with Observation towers being a thing... Seems like every map is eventually leading towards a sniper’s paradise. “Don’t worry, well placed zipline leading to top”... yea, forgetting about the fact that zipping creates noise and so the sniper knows you’re coming...

Message 4 of 24 (1,395 Views)

That was a really creative gameplay video, I loved it!

Also, the Lifeline and Bangalore skins look dope!

Message 5 of 24 (1,373 Views)

Champion
@EA_David I love the look of the updates. The new POIs look like fun. Only issue I see is KC was pretty balanced already with drops. Fragment is the map that needs the work and we all know the spot that needs it.

Removing the bunkers is a good thing. They were basically deathtrap anyway.

Not interested in the towers. Those could be a bad addition but we will see.

Who complained about the farm? I never once heard anyone I play with or saw complaints on this forum. The building allowed an area to pull into for cover if needed. Now I will just avoid that area completely.

What happened with farm is what should happen to streamer house.
Message 6 of 24 (1,334 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

The zip line on the observation tower that takes you straight up to a waiting Caustic gas or Watson fence... 

Message 7 of 24 (1,333 Views)

Interesting changes. wonder how the fights will be around the armories 

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png
Message 8 of 24 (1,275 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@EA_David Everyone - We like KC for the CQC and constant action compared to the other 2 maps. Party hat

Respawn - We already destroyed the fan favourite PoI Skull Town so lets now make the map bigger increasing the lull between fights and remove cover between areas while also adding sniper perches. Yea, Olympus Canyon! They'll love that!

We getting trolled hard. 

Message 9 of 24 (1,232 Views)

★★★ Pro
@EA_David Well, I am excited about the changes but honestly I want technical issues, specially sound issues fix. Olympus was a great map but sound issue was such a bummer.
Message 10 of 24 (1,231 Views)