Re: Season-8 Anniversary Collection Event : Total RIP OFF

by pastaclown

Original Post

Season-8 Anniversary Collection Event : Total RIP OFF

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

We will NOT have heirloom but after buy all the packs, you will get shard to unlock RECOLOR of existing skin, for example this cool Bangelore skin:

BangeloreAnniversaryCollection.PNG

Well this's cool but are they jacking the price for recolor from :

1. using legend token (free).

2. 1,800 apex coins or more with bundles

3. Season-8 : $180 dollars !!

What a non sense is this ??  Frown  

Respawn is getting more greedy and more lazy at the same time !

Message 1 of 20 (968 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@Koochi-Q I think it's time to call for emergency meeting ?

Message 2 of 20 (962 Views)

★★ Expert

@asukojo uwu but you don't NEED the cosmetics you don't HAVE to buy anything uwu (/s)

Not really a surprise they've just grown more blatant with how crappy their monetization is. Every single thread on event / skin pricing had a point, and yet constantly someone would come up and say the above, or try to defend Respawn. Not to mention the people who buy every single skin despite never using them / not even liking them. All this has done is let Respawn know that it's perfectly okay for them to put out really scummy monetization. 

Message 3 of 20 (960 Views)

Champion
@asukojo I'm lost. Can you explain what you are saying?
Message 4 of 20 (954 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@hayhor Somebody from Respawn sales team has briliant idea how to celebrate anniversary by ripping us. 

On collection event, we ussually get heirloom, but season-8, there's no new heirloom, instead we will get shard.

You can use this shard to get heirloom or anniversary legendary skins you like.

Beside bangelore, this's the lifeline anniversary recolor :

LIfelineAnniversary.PNG

Message 5 of 20 (937 Views)

Champion
@asukojo Oh ok I havent seen this yet. I expect there will still be an event for an actual heirloom sometime in season 8.

Just remember you dont have to buy stuff. I'm not buying the caustic skin this time cause it sucks.
Message 6 of 20 (931 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

As you can see the theme is red fire color.

If you know photoshop, they simply click a section of the body and change the color to red, and tweak the remaining part accordingly. 

You can ask your kid to play around with it, they might even come with better recoloring and won't cost a penny.

Message 7 of 20 (928 Views)

★ Expert
@pastaclown Agreed. The community had their chance to cut this sort of thing off when the Iron Whale event showed up. "But wait...they changed it so you can buy individual items and not charge extra for the heirloom." LOL!!! Totally missing the point of course.
Message 8 of 20 (847 Views)

★ Expert
@asukojo Totally agree with you. And like @hayhor said, we know they will have an actual heirloom event as well.

IMO they should be giving away a set of heirloom shards for the anniversary, not using as a way to squeeze an extra $180 out of the community.
Message 9 of 20 (844 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@asukojoRecycled content. Banglore The knees are bloodhounds knees with that red skin. The shoulders are lifelines feather suit. The chest also bloodhound red skin chest. All i see is no imagination or thought behind things. Instead more of a copy-paste style going on.

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 10 of 20 (842 Views)