Season 7 Patch notes and updated challenges

by EA_David

Original Post

Re: Season 7 Patch notes and updated challenges

@Cipax Agreed, with so many changes on the table including a new map with vehicles, a new legend and the addition to Steam I don't even see how they had time to even consider this absurd new system.

It was not needed, the old system was great. And I will absolutely not devote triple the play time to complete the battle pass. I bought it, but the new system will break the cycle of consecutive completed battle passes.

I don't know if somehow they thought forcing triple the work, along with forced playtime on legends we may not want to play would make players happy, but it's the opposite. Instead you have made the majority of your casual player base unhappy.
Message 41 of 50 (886 Views)

★★★ Pro

I can totally see this system either getting reverted, or get an extreme revamp if people keep complaining, and rightly so it sucks. So keep it up everyone make them hear ya. We left this level of grind in season one for a reason.

Message 42 of 50 (884 Views)

It took a full 12 hours to finish dl today. Finished at around 4pm so youngtree and I had a good look and wander around the new map in the playground Large smile when he came back from school. His pc will have to wait till tomorrow morning to dl. 

Youngtree was in awe of the new map and legend so I think it will be very successful in attracting younger legends to join in on the fun.

I have to say it is a beautiful work of art. I cannot wait to get into it to see more of the detail. I'm the kind of saddo that will 3 hocg zoom in on the details on rocks and flowers. It is an incredibly vibrant and amazing place. 

I am just waiting for the Internet speed to pick up at around 12 and I'm going in. Wish me luck Party hat

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png
Please note:
I am a Community Volunteer.
I do not work for EA.
My views are my own.
Message 43 of 50 (861 Views)

[ Edited ]

OK so, a good 3 hour session there that I was a good boy for, and got 10 stars = 1 BP level for my efforts. I got all bar one of the daily challenges. I (something I never really bother with) rerolled a 5 kill with a legend I don't use for 200 legend tokens, to a 5 kill challenge with another legend I don't use Large smile 500 legend tokens to reroll again if I chose. Not today, but tomorrow maby. 

So after a deep think it occurred to me that the reason for the new star system is to get us oldskool "love you long time" legends to reroll loads of daily challenges we don't like, recouping respawn all of those lovely legend tokens that we have been accumulating and complaining about having nothing to spend them on, now we do. Some nice bright young dev must have had a deep think about it too and was handsomely rewarded Large smile for this innovative idea. This would tie in nicely to a move away slightly from a recurring free BP after one payment. A lot of games use this method and I don't think it will preturb new legends from joining the foray. 

I don't mind this at all. The new map is spectacular and I had a ball exploring it. I think it is worth paying a bit for if necessary. I have bought a few legendary skins that I liked, but don't use, to support the game in a small way.

Now I have 360,000 lt to use so have at it respawn Large smile

However after much ado, respawn have relented

https://mobile.twitter.com/PlayApex/status/1324515919243038721

As to this evenings entertainment, who else has gallantly jumped over a railing without looking, to fall to one's death today? 

I did!...... 

I could see my squaddies shaking their heads, but they revived me and after much running after them, again, we got my first win of this season. Party hat

Please note:
I do not work for EA.
My views are my own.
Message 44 of 50 (837 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I must have been the only player who didn't have any issues w/ the sound until this season. What did they do to the bloody footsteps. They are so misleading now. It sounds like everyone on my half of the map is running right next to me all the time. Whatever was done. Please un do it. It is so misleading now the game nearly unplayable. 

Message 45 of 50 (824 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Koochi-Q Maybe take the salt outta that reply and funnle it into the BP Complaints. I just registered my EA account to this forum so i could complain.
Message 46 of 50 (803 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Sound is very bad this season. It was bugging already after start of season 6, but when 7 started, I am missing a lot of steps, partially hearing half of the sounds. I thought my headphones broke, or the sound card is dying, or the connector is failing, one side of the headphones was only playng with 50% volume. I died, minimised game, did a test. Test and music works flawlessly, no anomalies. Back in game, sounds are skiping, broken, I hear octane leg move all the time, generally it is very confusing, partial sounds pop in here and there, Im constantly turning around to check what was that strange sound?!

Message 47 of 50 (795 Views)

[ Edited ]

So today I tried to reroll a daily challenge fully expecting to get a challenge for my Wraith after a few grand. I used 6K or 7K legend tokens to reroll 7 or 8 times and didn't get a decent one. At that pace all my 360,000 would be gone within 50 days and I wouldn't have a challenge I would attempt. So that has backfired for the young dev as that's that. Large smile

Please note:
I do not work for EA.
My views are my own.
Message 48 of 50 (771 Views)

[ Edited ]

Well last night I got a fairly large bump on the head after several attempts to jump through open windows, that weren't. Large smile this is going to take some time.

Also the beautiful dev work on the trees, esp the pencil ceders in estate nearly got me killed, admiring them. Again going to take some time. Wink

Please note:
I do not work for EA.
My views are my own.
Message 49 of 50 (716 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_David This ridiculous honestly, I never complain about your patches on the forums but I HATE the new ring changes, players were already spending to much time "playing around" in the ring and now its like its not even a threat, you can actually just forget the ring exists! This change may seem small but has made this season just unplayable for me I won't be back until/if it gets fixed v.v
Message 50 of 50 (524 Views)