Season 7 Patch notes and updated challenges

by EA_David

Original Post

Re: Season 7 Patch notes and updated challenges

Champion

AUDIO FIXES!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hopefully I can finally stop complaining.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 11 of 50 (713 Views)

★★★★ Guide

IF CRYPTO DOESNT GET A 2nd DIVE EMOTE IM GONNA * RAGE 

Message 12 of 50 (710 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@MandatoryIDtag Ha!

nuff said
Message 13 of 50 (699 Views)

★★ Guide

Instead of adding a useless hopup, could have brought back anvil and kept selectfire...

Message 14 of 50 (684 Views)

★★★★ Guide

"Decoys will also play unique hit effects and briefly flicker out of existence when taking damage to help you differentiate between them and the real Mirage."

So..it's not easy enough to tell when it's a decoy?????  Might as well be waving a flag and wearing a shirt with "DECOY" on it.

You want to make an improvement to him???

TACTICAL - exactly as he is in Season 6 with with TWO decoys (he already gets them in the initial dive and off a jump tower, why not here?)

ULT - exactly as he is in season 6 but gets the 5 sec (I think) invisibility back from when he was first released.

Message 15 of 50 (674 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Definitely new character is much more interesting then in previous seasons, also patch notes in overall are better then in last two seasons. Only thing i kinda wished lstar experienced was some kinda tweak into muzzle flash as this guns main distraction has been the blinding effect that did not change at all when muzzle flash was nerfed. otherwise great job

Edit: Im also extremely anxious about r99 overwhelming every other weapon again to the point where all you can find is light ammo from death boxes in extended firefights.

Part of this conclusion is that at current rate, time it takes to shoot volt magazine is long to get that full damage of magazine out and was only good because there was no r99, where as r99 magazine will spit out in half the time it's entire ammunition. There is no use of being able to do more damage over two seconds, if your enemy ever is only visible for one resulting in a situation where good players always go for r99 and bad players use volt due to it requiring less aim.

You will never beat good r99 player with volt and this will create even higher rage between controller players and MnK players due to way these two control recoil

Message 16 of 50 (656 Views)

★★ Guide

Nice. I'm super hyped for this season. The map looks incredible, even addictive, & I def expect a surge of returning players to check out the new content. The start of the season will undoubtedly be a blast. I'm also at peace with the balancing changes, mostly....

Except for....R99 back in, while the Prowler goes out. The R9 returning is fine. But I feel like the Prowler in it's current state would be a perfect counter to the R9. It's gonna feel like R9 or Bust again. That IS kinda lame. Best thing about season 6 was not feeling like you NEEDED to be carrying that 1 weapon (other than the Mastiff, in Ranked, which is unavoidable however). Mastiff or PK will always be a Ranked go-to as long as 1 is on the ground. But, otherwise, weapon balance & weapon disparity was pretty great in S6. 

I feel like the Havoc should've been put in the care package over the Prowler. It was neglected this past season, & if the new changes to it aren't sufficient, it'll be neglected again. But we all remember when it Dominated the end of season 5, yeah? The Havoc was a god. Even if it's "good" again, it still has the charge up, very few will take it over an R9 or Volt. To me, it would've made sense to keep the Volt & Prowler as direct counters to the R9 (alongside the Lstar buff), then throwing a near season 5 Havoc into airdrops. Just for greater disparity 

And then, I gotta be blunt. I've said it before too. The CHARGE RIFLE should be an airdrop weapon already. The future of that weapon is in airdrops, no one can convince me otherwise. It'll be an awesome weapon to use on Olympus too it seems, but it simply isn't a very practical weapon to use in Pubs. & it's only sparingly used in Ranked. It'll largely be ignored again. I'd love to see it returned to its OG state & actually be forced to be reckoned with. People should fear the charge rifle again

That's all I got for now. Can't wait to play on Olympus 

Message 17 of 50 (623 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Quick thoughts Standard smile

Weapons
Nothing really pops out. All weapons were viable this season, and it looks like the weakest ones did get a bufferoo.

I was inclined towards the slightly muscular hemlok and triptake, but am glad to see the R99's coming back.

Legends
Nothing dreadful!! Party hat Caustic's and Wattson's ability buffs seem super reasonable.

My main concern is that Loba's (weirdly fat?) hitbox and combat utility isn't addressed, and I simply have to tried Pathfinder first to evaluate the changes. Aside from that, Octane and Bangalore having been feeling stale. I wonder if the former will suffer even more by being in direct competition with Horizon this season.

Ring Damage

Holy horseshoes no! Nononono!

There were -some- rare situations, especially during the second and third ring movement, where you needed to move a lot and gameplay became annoying (think treks around the Pit, or distance on World's Edge). However, changing the damage this drastically, and especially in the later rings, opens up so many new problems. Endgame rings were great and had their own flow. They forced people to come out from hiding, and were exciting as touching the ring meant death. Now it's probably more advantageous to stand outside, obscured by the ring glow.

Wouldn't relating damage ticks to map size (e.g. different rules for rings 3-4-5 in World's Edge) cater better to casual players?

Message 18 of 50 (608 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@EA_David What about maximum player level? Will it be increased. It's hard to understand why its not raised. Everybody is already lvl 500.
It should be easy to understand which player level you are playing with and what to expect
Message 19 of 50 (561 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@TrancyGoose  The hop up isn't gonna be useless bro, although I really wouldn't recommend it on a p2020...hammerpoints will still be superior for that weapon.

Being able to weapon switch quickly mid fight can literally determine a fights outcome. This hop up is going to be insane on the re-45 in particular due to it essentially being a pocket r99...with now tightened hipfire spread.

Really looking forward to trying it out!

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 20 of 50 (530 Views)