Season 7 Patch notes and updated challenges

by EA_David

Original Post

Season 7 Patch notes and updated challenges

Community Manager

Hello legends! The season 7 patch notes are here, check them out in full in this post.

Be sure also to take a look at the Simplified Challenges blog

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 1 of 50 (2,890 Views)

Re: Season 7 Patch notes and updated challenges

★★★ Guide

ah yeah im about to start complaining over some patchnotes.

Message 2 of 50 (2,882 Views)

★★★ Guide

well im actually not complaining about anything in there good job.

Message 3 of 50 (2,876 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@babyaga239LOLZ well I’ll do it for you.

CATERED TOWARDS THE MASSES!
- ring damage down significantly to ‘allow the use of syringes in later storms’. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! You want to reward the idiots who go into later storms or who pick fights when it’s about to close?! That’s just stupid. Like those 2 idiots I played with yesterday who went to loot vault with the circle being 20m away from them and closing in and so they died and were laughing... >.>

I actually think that was the only negative thing? The challenges being more BP friendly... yea not going there again...

Most of these changes are good. Let’s start with the footstep audio xD. It’s at bugs fixed, but it says path in the good direction xD so not fixed. Had to have a lil fun with that one xD.

R99 less dmg! I knew it would get a nerf. I told ya (I have to check who thought it wouldnt get altered xD) @DYSPROssium 

Many buffs so yey.

Oh right... RIP KINGS CANYON Frown

And YES MORE DMG TO GET RED EVO. No more noobs having red evo mid-game ;D

Lastly, wow patch notes so early ;0 I’m amazed

Message 4 of 50 (2,865 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Expert

Completely against the change to ring damage. Only one i agree with is the second ring but i would not have touched the others. Now people will stay more out of the map delaying the fights and looting forever.

So now Caustic's line "my vision is clear" is useless? lol

Adding Shield batteries also useless since there are already tons around the map.

Octane-->still useless but fun to use.

Loba--> still useless.

Rampart---> still useless.

See you for the next patch where they will nerf Path lmao.

Message 5 of 50 (2,834 Views)

★ Novice

In general the patch is very interesting, as the game is. I want you to just think about one thing, because I love this legend:

I miss that invisible Mirage ultimate so much, it was very interesting to use it in different situations! I have some ideas for mirage rework in future:

A:
1. 2 or 3 decoys at the same time with an option to control all of them in the same way at the same time.

2. Invisible ultimate (i really miss it)

B:
1. 1 decoy without the option to control, but with an option to change your position 1 time with that decoy by pushing some button( if it is too OP, then button should be available only when you are aiming at decoy, or at least it is in the field of view). BAMBOOZLE
2. Invisible ultimate!

Hope you enjoy and like it.

Message 6 of 50 (2,821 Views)

★★★ Pro
@EA_David I like what I see, I like season 7 and hopefully we don't run into much difficulties but I am really disappointed about nothing being done to WRAITH and MASTIFF. Wraith needs her running animation back, she is overnerfed, you know it. Mastiff is absolute bs in early fights since no weapon can complete with it.
Message 7 of 50 (2,782 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Expert

Thoughts as I Read: 

Trident: 

-Really, really odd choice to have the damage from enemies hitting the car to be dispersed among the players riding it. I knew it wouldn't explode and kill everyone, but here I thought it'd have its own health bar which upon depletion would simply disable the car for a few moments, or permanently until repaired with crafting metals. When damage is dispersed, is it evenly among whoever is riding it, or is it increased / decreased based on where you're getting shot from? It looks cool though.

Battle Pass:

-Yeah that's not filling me with hope. That looks like our weekly requirements have been jacked up tremendously to keep people playing. I've yet to read the dedicated post about those changes so I'll wait on that. Edit: Yeah no, it looks like it's just designed to keep people playing for longer. 10 stars per level, you get 1 star every 10k EXP, meaning it's a flat 100k EXP per level. Plus again, it looks like the weekly objectives have been jacked up tremendously. 

QoL Updates: 

-That attachment swap-out change is a blessing. Genuinely that's been eating away at me since the game started, but it never really felt worth mentioning. Those Replicator changes are really good too, as well as air-drop clarity, though I am a little worried about how the color tan will show up visibility wise.

Legend Meta:

-Wow that Caustic change is HUGE. Finally, I can stop yelling at teammates who decide the best course of action is to blind everyone with poorly placed gas traps and grenades. Plus that damage change is huge, so I'm sure the Caustic mains will be happy about that. @hayhor That Mirage change is pretty nice too, now instead of being able to one tap decoys and pinpoint the real Mirage, you actually have to have eyes to make sure he doesn't bamboozle you. I like it! Octane being pushed to be faster and more aggressive? Nice nice. The Pathfinder changes seem good but who knows how the Pathfinder mains will take it. Nothing for Lifeline? Unfortunate. 

Weapon Meta: 

-The King is back baby! R99 yes! But the law of equivalent exchange is still in effect, and my beloved Prowler has been lost to the depths. Truly a sad moment. Also, Wingman as a fully kitted weapon is in my opinion really blegh. Hemlok I didn't think needed a buff in the first place, and seeing a nerf for it too is also pretty strange. But Havoc being easier to control is always nice, especially since I can't seem to find a turbocharger to save my life. LSTAR getting buffed a bit is pretty massive, I really like that weapon. But amped Sentinel is a pretty nice increase, though only 18 damage feels pretty mediocre.

Game Meta Changes:

-Really not sure what the problem is with Red Armor. Oh well, I'll just have to work a little harder for it. That level 2 ring damage change is really nice. 

Bug Fixes:

-Audio actually being talked about in notes, AND it's for more reliable foot-step audio? This is good. 

General Thoughts: 

Some good things in here, specifically the R99, but overall I'd say this is pretty mediocre, a fair 50/50. A lot of the improvements are just a, "Well, better late than never." type deal, and even then who knows how long its going to be in order for them to fix even more substantial issues such as net-code and server performance. Even though some of the Legend changes are nice, specifically Octane, I've yet to see the real issues being fixed, such as the pad not launching you properly, or making it instantly deploy. 

Message 8 of 50 (2,772 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@pastaclown Nahhh the BP will make it easier to get BP done. You’ll see once you read the Star System post.

I knew about the trident and found it fair. they did not mention seating position affecting damages but that would mitigate the ‘evenly distributed’ part. When it was announced couple days ago I even said “easy squadwipe is having sheila on the road and just blasting away” xD.

I feel your prowler pain Frown
Message 9 of 50 (2,729 Views)

@EA_David It all looks great. I'm happy to see audio issues getting some attention. Nothing really concerns me in the patch notes.

The changes to the Hemlock are exciting, I wonder if this will put the G7 more on par with the Hemlock?!

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 10 of 50 (2,717 Views)