Re: Season-7 : NEW MAP - OLYMPUS

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@hayhor He's no expert though. 😜

Message 11 of 52 (395 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@hayhorLet’s gang up on him and stomp him a new one for being big ball’d xD. Never heard of that before xD. got a couple laughs from me :P

@Cro_Pitttwell... keep on trucking dreaming

Message 12 of 52 (383 Views)

Champion

Bigballzenvy

Its a thing.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 13 of 52 (374 Views)

★ Expert

@Koochi-Q At least we know that they're trying to do something, we'll see if the outcome is good Tongue out . But don't lose hope, we just have to wait another year and a half to see them acknowledging the connection issues xD.

Message 14 of 52 (370 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

The new map is HUGE, that's why they introduce "Trident" where you can SIT inside !

Message 15 of 52 (354 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

"lush city in the clouds" - I hope it will be more urban environment and less open field spaces!

Nov 4th. Gives me bit of time to play before Cyberpunk 2077 on 19th.

Message 16 of 52 (352 Views)

★★★ Expert

We'll see what the map is like when it gets released.

But it's important, I believe, for Apex to regularly add maps because of the way they designed their game.  Fortnite got something correct from a gameplay standpoint, which is to smear their map with loot, including you might find it lying in the middle of a field.  It's not so immersive, but it means you can play Fortnite maps for longer without having problems with loot.

On the other hand, Apex, which is more immersive, tends to locate its loot in containers, and places 'that make sense'.  And I happen to like that better.  Okay, not everything makes sense but the map looks better.  And, of course, Apex is the game of 'stacking' equipment, like adding barrels, stocks, sights, etc. to your weapons.  That means the loot you find is more susceptible to RNG, like when you find 3 stupid white backpacks or knockdown shields in a bin with none weapons.

So, it means, your maps matter more, and the design matters more.  And after the maps are played for a while, they just become more susceptible to familiar and repeat pathing from players.  Nobody drops on the Dome much, for example, even though it's a fine place to gather loot.  

Apex isn't going to change it's core and that's fine.  But it does mean they need more work on their maps.

Message 17 of 52 (344 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@KelRiever My dream come true would be when Lifeline is finally able to wipe a lobby all on her own without needing to be carried. Maybe instead of a care package she should get a nuke...
Message 18 of 52 (338 Views)

★★★ Pro
@Cracjaw450 Lifeline with the COD MW2 25 Kill Streak LOOOL imagine...
Message 19 of 52 (322 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

I think this thread is far too obsessed with the word 'DREAM'. I might have to get a restraining order. Wink

Message 20 of 52 (300 Views)