Season 6 Sucks

by GangGorillaGains

Original Post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Season 6 Sucks

★★★★★ Apprentice

Dear fellow Apex Legends Players, 

I never write to forums or participate in forum discussions. This is honestly my first ever forum post everywhere and that's because I am absolutely disgusted with the latest season 6 update to apex legends. This was my favorite game that I played every day for the past year and with this new update I have officially uninstalled Origin and Apex. The TTK and armor reductions/nerfs completely changed the pace of battle and altered the fundamentals of what made apex "apex".  People complained about the R-99 being able to one clip you but with this update every gun in the game has the potential to one clip you. The update is tailored to new noob players who don't know how to aim a mouse. It's called practice and learning the skill, no need to change what the framework was from season one. I am truly upset with the direction the game is going and hope that EA can revert back to what made this game great. I hope lots of you feel the same way.

Thanks for reading. 

Message 1 of 187 (5,837 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Season 6 Sucks

★★★ Newbie

Thank you Respawn for the Shield fix :D

View in thread

Message 187 of 187 (1,623 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Novice

i couldnt agree with you more. they really screwed this game.

Message 2 of 187 (5,755 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Message 3 of 187 (5,741 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I honestly thought about uninstalling the game today too. The ttk change was imo completely unnecessary. If they were going to do it they should not have forced the new energy/lmg meta. I think one of two things should happen at the very least. 
1. revert the changes of having shields be 25 less total health or 2. Keep the changes and revert the change on how many heals you can carry in one inventory slot in your backpack.

The gun damage was balanced out for 200 health opponents and 25 difference is a lot in a game like apex.

As of rn for how fast you can get absolutely shredded, heals don’t seem to be lasting long. This becomes a huge problem in higher level ranked lobbies when you get third partied and are unable to loot a death box to refill on those things. Having overall health decreased should at least have a trade off of letting us carry more heals.

On top of all this the new locations added to worlds edge are complete trash. For the size of POI to be that large I feel as if the only loot available is what is in a supply bin when there are plenty of areas to add more loot spawns.

the devo should have never been taken out of the care package and put back to ground loot along with a reworked Havoc that has had 0 nerf to its damage and now has a larger mag size with a purple extended mag and turbocharger. 
This season has really been a huge disappointment overall and if no changes are made and this is the direction Respawn decides to go with Apex, then I give it a couple weeks before I quit for good.

Message 4 of 187 (5,734 Views)

★ Guide

@LG_SwIsHnFlIcKr wrote:

I honestly thought about uninstalling the game today too. The ttk change was imo completely unnecessary. If they were going to do it they should not have forced the new energy/lmg meta. I think one of two things should happen at the very least. 
1. revert the changes of having shields be 25 less total health or 2. Keep the changes and revert the change on how many heals you can carry in one inventory slot in your backpack.

The gun damage was balanced out for 200 health opponents and 25 difference is a lot in a game like apex.

As of rn for how fast you can get absolutely shredded, heals don’t seem to be lasting long. This becomes a huge problem in higher level ranked lobbies when you get third partied and are unable to loot a death box to refill on those things. Having overall health decreased should at least have a trade off of letting us carry more heals.

On top of all this the new locations added to worlds edge are complete trash. For the size of POI to be that large I feel as if the only loot available is what is in a supply bin when there are plenty of areas to add more loot spawns.

the devo should have never been taken out of the care package and put back to ground loot along with a reworked Havoc that has had 0 nerf to its damage and now has a larger mag size with a purple extended mag and turbocharger. 
This season has really been a huge disappointment overall and if no changes are made and this is the direction Respawn decides to go with Apex, then I give it a couple weeks before I quit for good.

Cry more. You are bad, that has nothing to do with game balance.

Message 5 of 187 (5,693 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I don't claim to be the best at Apex legends. But changing fundamentals of the game from day one is completely unnecessary.

Message 6 of 187 (5,678 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Fundamentals are movement and positioning. The reliance on shields made many players ignore those basic fundamentals. TTK is not a fundamental. Many players are in for a rude awakening if they dont adapt and actually learn how to play.

Message 7 of 187 (5,673 Views)

★★ Novice
@GangGorillaGains Same tgey completely ruined the game for me. It does not feel the same.
Message 8 of 187 (5,665 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@IDTAKEN192000 The game does now require much more brain power to make plays. What made apex stand out among COD, Battlefield, and Warzone was the long battles and high damage outputs. I played many games today with 8+ kills and barely reaching 1.5k damage. Any season before that would've been a 2k plus damage game. Just takes most of the fun away in my opinion. But I agree that movement and positioning is a fundamental of the game, which is why the Devs implemented more cover and fixed choke points. If there wasn't a reduction in armor I'd say this was a great update nonetheless.
Message 9 of 187 (5,660 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@GangGorillaGains wrote:
@IDTAKEN192000The game does now require much more brain power to make plays. What made apex stand out among COD, Battlefield, and Warzone was the long battles and high damage outputs. I played many games today with 8+ kills and barely reaching 1.5k damage. Any season before that would've been a 2k plus damage game. Just takes most of the fun away in my opinion. But I agree that movement and positioning is a fundamental of the game, which is why the Devs implemented more cover and fixed choke points. If there wasn't a reduction in armor I'd say this was a great update nonetheless.

I feel the reduction in armor also lessens the chances of 3rd parties because fights end sooner. Getting 3rd partied has been a major complaint forever. Not only that but I feel like since fights are over quicker I get into another fight faster making the game flow better than it did before. I really think people just need to adjust before writing this season off.

Message 10 of 187 (5,642 Views)