Season 5/Series 4 Ranked Split Question

by Breded1

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Season 5/Series 4 Ranked Split Question

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I'm confused as to why I can't play with a friend after the split. For split one, I ended at Gold 4 while my friend ended in Plat 1. At split two, I went to Silver 3 (but currently Silver 2), and my friend is at Silver 2 but we're locked out of playing together in ranked matches. It doesn't make sense to me how we were never more than one division in rank away from each other. Can someone clarifying what happened and what I should do so that we can play ranked together again? Thanks!

Message 1 of 7 (564 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Season 5/Series 4 Ranked Split Question

Community Manager

Hey, a bug can happen after a reset where someone's true rank might not be represented and they may be prevented from grouping. Once they play a single ranked match this should be fixed, and you should be able to group up as normal. 

@Breded1 Can I check if you've both tried playing a single solo queue game each?

David.png
Stay and Play.png

View in thread

Message 3 of 7 (499 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Expert

@Breded1 What do you mean by "locked out" ?

Message 2 of 7 (531 Views)

Community Manager

Hey, a bug can happen after a reset where someone's true rank might not be represented and they may be prevented from grouping. Once they play a single ranked match this should be fixed, and you should be able to group up as normal. 

@Breded1 Can I check if you've both tried playing a single solo queue game each?

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 3 of 7 (500 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

@asukojo If we're in a party together, we are both locked out of playing in a ranked match because it's saying we're more than 1 tier apart from each other.

Message 4 of 7 (496 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

@EA_David How would you check? Also, I've been playing ranked but my friend hasn't yet as of last night.

Message 5 of 7 (491 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

You and your friend should restart the apps/games/console  (basically force it to relogin and load current rank profile) then party again, it should work.

Message 6 of 7 (445 Views)

★ Novice

Welp, all it took was my friend to play in a ranked match on his own to fix his rank after the split. Apparently, he was still seen as Plat 1 until playing a game where it was fixed to Silver 2. Thanks for the help!

Message 7 of 7 (398 Views)