Re: Season 5 RING a lot faster.

by E9ine_AC

Original Post

Season 5 RING a lot faster.

★★★ Apprentice

Can u do something about the ring its very fast, at least u can outrun at the season 4 . actually the season 4 ring was very good :D

Message 1 of 11 (541 Views)

★★ Expert
@Nqkic The ring speed has not changed.
It just may appear to close more or less fast depending on how far away you are from the safe zone.
Message 2 of 11 (497 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@Sir_Named wrote:
@NqkicThe ring speed has not changed.
It just may appear to close more or less fast depending on how far away you are from the safe zone.

Ring "speed" actually depends on where the next zone is also....

The further the ring is from the zone, the faster it moves.....

Message 3 of 11 (452 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@DrenMadre That's what he said :/
Message 4 of 11 (434 Views)

[ Edited ]

As @Sir_Named has said, the ring speed is not faster. The first ring is just enough to say get moving. 

The second ring can be brutal. But the second ring should be. You should be looted and ready to fight by second ring. It’s on you And your squad to stay ahead of it. If that means exiting fights or skipping them, do it.

@DrenMadre yes to some degree, but even on the far side of the ring you can out run the first ring. There are plenty of jump towers to cover the map. 

they are fine as they are. My only complaint is that if you get knocked by the second ring you will not survive unless your squad mate has a gold pack. You can’t even get a syringe off. It rarely happens to me, but occasionally you get stuck in a fight and have to deal with it. 

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 5 of 11 (425 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@BaldWraithSimp wrote:
@DrenMadreThat's what he said :/

Was just clarifying is all....I knew what he meant but had to wrap my brain around how he said it. Wink

Message 6 of 11 (401 Views)

Hero
@Sir_Named I have actually seen ring 1 move as if it was ring 5 it was super fast. I didnt repor it cause of out maybe 8500 games ive seen the issues maybe three times total even had it where my octane stem couldnt even keep up with ring one during one of these. Very rare but does happen to me.

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 7 of 11 (377 Views)

★★ Expert
@E9ine_AC That's odd, probably a bug or glitch.
Message 8 of 11 (358 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@Nqkic 

Ring closing speed is based on the shape as shown below:  

Ring2.PNG

So if you're on left side, you can just chill,

but if you're on right side, you better HURRY UP and MOVE EARLY  !

Message 9 of 11 (334 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I know about this but before the season 4 end i bet the ring was slower.In season 4 i was in relay and the ring was in skull town and i was fighting,the ring started to close and then catch us but u can outrun the ring and i was never worried about the ring.Just before the season  5 the ring was ok you can always outrun the ring,BUT until yesterday i was in a fight and i forgot about the ring it was war and the ring Football was closing and first of all it was two strong i cant even heal with syringes,and i felt like its Formula 1 . It was ok before that ,i didnt care where was i  cause i knew it i can outrun the ring i even loot during the closing and still outrun it ,but this is .. AWFUL. please do something i can barely stand season 5 but this is to much.

Message 10 of 11 (304 Views)