Season 4 Ranked Split and Soft Reset - 24th of March

by powerlung

Original Post

Re: Season 4 Ranked Split and Soft Reset - 24th of March

★★★ Expert

I'm not sure this rank split stuff is so smart.

Don't mind losing the rank at all.  In Apex, you can regain rank with play, and obviously if you are better than your current rank, you'll be back up in time, eventually.

But it seems to reward most the players who can grind and spend hours doing it.

I mean, I was gold, and working my way through that.  If I didn't have a job and played all day long I might be in plat, certainly higher gold.  

Now, though, I'm just going to be grinding my way through Silver again until I can get back to gold.  I don't care about the rewards for reaching your highest tier.  More that there are a whole lot of leavers and people attempting solo play at lower levels.  Team is just gone.  I had to ignore a lot of people and play in a weird way just to get through Silver because that's how bad a lot of people play (like the Octane who drops alone and leaves his team to run for the ring dead center. Of course, he dies 30 seconds into the match).

I like the idea of the climbing through levels and earning them.  But the split seems excessive.

Message 21 of 56 (674 Views)

Why am I gold 2 when i was diamond 3?

★★★★ Novice

Am I punished for something I dont know about why did I lose rank?

Message 22 of 56 (666 Views)

Re: Ranked Split

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@EA_KentWhy have they put up last series badges?

Message 23 of 56 (654 Views)

Apex Legends demoted on rank

★★★ Newbie

Got demoted from ranked level gold l all the way to silver lll after placing 3rd in a ranked match?

Message 24 of 56 (688 Views)

Re: Apex Legends demoted on rank

Message 25 of 56 (674 Views)

Re: Season 4 Ranked Split - 24th of March

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@cobrastorm84 

Series 3 will have two shorter splits, each with a soft reset. Split 1 (Feb 3-Mar 23) will be played on World’s Edge while Split 2 (Mar 24-May 5) will be back on King’s Canyon to keep things fresh. Ranked rewards will be granted for the highest tier achieved in either split of the series, but exclusive animated badges will be granted if you can make it to the same tier both splits.

Message 26 of 56 (611 Views)

RANKED IS BROKEN

★★ Apprentice

I GOT RESET TO SILVER 2 AND IM IN A GAME WITH APEX PREDATORS. LIKE WTF. I dont play ranked often but saw kings canyon. DONT PLAY RANKED ITS BROKEN RIGHT NOW

Message 27 of 56 (708 Views)

@bosourd It’s not a new season demotion. He lost 3100+ RP after a tound that he should have been positive what uh 68 RP?

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 28 of 56 (627 Views)

Re: RANKED IS BROKEN

★★ Expert
@CautisticGasMan Everyone got demoted to Silver, so that’s just how it is. It’s a fresh start, but unfortunately the pros also have to get a fresh start.
Message 29 of 56 (693 Views)

★★ Expert
@DarthValtrex It is the new season demotion.
There is no other explanation for it, because everyone got demoted to silver. Also, there’s no way you’d normally lose over a thousand RP for anything. (Besides cheating, but I doubt OP did that.)
Message 30 of 56 (610 Views)