Re: Season 3 Caustic New and Improved!

by Koochi-Q

Original Post

Season 3 Caustic New and Improved!

★★★★★ Apprentice

Just some changes to Caustic I wish respawn would consider for season 3. Let me know what you guys think. 🙂

1. A robot arm like Bangalore to help him throw traps and his ult without having to use his hands.

2. Enemies hit with the gas should also be visible to allies and allies should not be slowed by the gas.

3. Enemy and friendly traps and gas clouds should have different colors.

4. While inside a gas cloud, Caustic should have clear visibility outside that cloud.

5. This one might a bit too much but.. Let gas go through walls like it did before.

Message 1 of 6 (338 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@TripLangAPX Either you’re the same person who made a duplicate post or you stole this thread from someone cause I’ve seen this before XD. I only think the gas going through walls wasn’t in the original.

5) nope
4) nope
3) yup, but not gonna happen unless friendly gas is a lighter green
2) yup, but not gonna happen
1) I still think this one is weird
Message 2 of 6 (318 Views)

★★★ Pro
@TripLangAPX First thing you need to understand is that each characters kit is built around their personality or speciality, meaning the medic Lifeline has a healing drone while the trickster Mirage has a clone. Caustic is a scientist, mad and selfish and not someone who'll make his gas in a way that'll benefit anyone that isn't him since it's main purpose is to kill stuff. So childproofing it to not affect teammates would not only make no sense lore wise, but it'll also be broken af and there'll be a Caustic in almost every team.

As someone who plays him quite frequently and mostly as aggressively as a Wraith or Octane, the only buff I'd recommend right now is a deploy speed increase to his tactical, and if that is too much then increase it's cooldown a bit to compensate.
Message 3 of 6 (307 Views)

★ Guide

@Koochi-Q wrote:
@TripLangAPXEither you’re the same person who made a duplicate post or you stole this thread from someone cause I’ve seen this before XD. I only think the gas going through walls wasn’t in the original.

5) nope
4) nope
3) yup, but not gonna happen unless friendly gas is a lighter green
2) yup, but not gonna happen
1) I still think this one is weird

Everyone nowadays has TTV in their names, my guess it's a duplicate post since no one really bothered with the first one.

Message 4 of 6 (303 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@randplayer2 

yep maybe they're looking for a better out come, perhaps ?

I love Caustic rework ideas

Can't wait until school goes back in 3 weeks. Wink

Message 5 of 6 (291 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@randplayer2 It’s not about the TTV, but just the post. I know you understand thst but for good measure said that. The post was made like a month or so ago. Thats why I remember that but not the author’s name
Message 6 of 6 (232 Views)