Re: Season 2 is trash!

by Goruek

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

Some good input but very harsh caption / title. How can you call buffed weapons, extra character, free packs, and great new map 'trash'? My only complaint is that cheaters are still trying to get in my games. Which is just sad, but at this point... I blame the cheaters because they're doing what they can- updating the AC / sending ban waves left and right. This is public info on the articles. Cause if you still feel the need to cheat in season 2 or in an fps in 2019, I seriously pity you. Just making someone's day at their office a mess or someone else's day after coming home from the office a mess Large smile

They are clearly trying to make improvements and listen to the community, s2 is already completely different than s1. Once they find the solution for their AC altogether, we're going to see even more headway. You can feel the competition in-game now, and you can feel like you're building status in a guild or with rank and then have properly placed matches- so they made great changes already.

Message 21 of 30 (441 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

I can handle everything about season two with one exception.  The Hacking is so out of control on pc.  I honestly believe there are several hackers per game now, if not more.  PC rated is a joke because of it.  Take the hackers out of the game and it becomes competitive again for us real folk, but if respawn can't get a handle on the hackers then it's a dead game.  Yes, they will make some money but they will also leave a gold mine behind because all the real players leave!.  They say there will never be an Apex 2, because they plan on seasons for a very long time.  Well, be careful because seasons takes success and hackers will ruin any success you have because the regular player base will wise up to the hackers and move on.  Wake up.  101 economics and Respawn you don't seem to know much about that....Battle Pass 2 not impressive, handling of hackers on PC...YOU ARE AMATEURS. 

Message 22 of 30 (412 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Exactly. I know that I should try playing with different legends every once in a while. It keeps things interesting and it's a whole new experience. But making it so that I have to change legends every day is just not right. What's worse is that sometimes I get challenges for two different legends in a day. So I play with one legend and get the task done, and then move on to the next legend. That makes it less fun and more of a nuisance. We need a little consistency in challenges like these so that we don't have to change legends in every match and every day. 

Message 23 of 30 (406 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@EA_Blueberry wrote:

@RanceJustice 

Great feedback, thank you! Recently stumbled across another post on how getting 5 kills in a game could be tough for those not keen with the aim, do you all here feel some specific daily challenges are too tough? If so, which ones?

I'm a pretty terrible shot in general, and getting a certain amount of kills (especially with specific legends I'm less familiar/comfortable with) can be tough for me. Not saying they should be removed, as they're likey a breeze for a lot of players, and getting kills is a central aspect of the game. I don't know.

Overall the new leveling system for the BP is a lot less appealing to me than the S1 version, and I didn't get the BP yet because of it. I don't stack up kills as fast as others, I feel uncomfortable disrupting the regular team play as I'd need to in order to finish certain challenges, etc. It was a lot more motivating for me to level the BP when it was done through simply playing the game. Right now that's mainly brought me close to the Gold part of the ranks, where I'm not sure I even belong.

But that's just me. I do appreciate the team trying new stuff and wanting to keep things fresh. Maybe for S3 there can be some sort of compromise between the S1 and S2 methods of leveling the BP. The biggest issue right now is the server trouble. It's really bad and affecting my enjoyment and motivation, and I had virtually no issues of any kind before S2. But I suspect the team has heard about those issues already. Wink

Message 24 of 30 (382 Views)

★★★ Expert

@EA_Blueberry wrote:

@RanceJustice 

Great feedback, thank you! Recently stumbled across another post on how getting 5 kills in a game could be tough for those not keen with the aim, do you all here feel some specific daily challenges are too tough? If so, which ones?

I had "get 5 headshots as Gibraltar" yesterday. That one was a doozy. 

Could be made a lot easier if it was "get headshotted 5 times as Gibraltar" lol.

Message 25 of 30 (356 Views)

★ Guide

@EA_Blueberry wrote:

@RanceJustice 

The finisher daily challenge. Hopefully it's not just me on this but as a daily challenge I think it's too much. It might work more as a weekly challenge but for a daily challenge it will take more than a couple of games, hear me out.

In order for this to work you have to hope someone is solo and away from their team to make it somewhat easier to complete. You also have to hope your team don't shoot them before you get chance to start a finisher and finally any good team will kill all 3 opponents  so they die anyway. 

You could argue communication will help but when playing with ransoms nothing is certain. 

Not saying a challenge should be easy neither guaranteed completion but I just don't think it should be a daily.

Message 26 of 30 (349 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@EA_Blueberry Yes, if u ask me some r really hard to do. I had "kill 1 person with Gibralta Ult. Or kill people while under nox gas debuff. That seem very luckbased challenges which depend on the enemy players.
Message 27 of 30 (342 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Thank you for your reply and interest in my post!

I do think some of the daily and weekly challenges can be offputting for various reasons. While I already covered things like very situational (ie get X knockdowns or kills in Y area), there is certainly a difficulty component.

For instance, any of the "Get X Kills as Y" can indeed be troublesome for newer players or those with lower comparative skill/knowledge of the game. Given the knockdown system (ie  its possible there will be a revive) and how the game registered even actual kills vs assist credit,  getting ANY kills can be difficult. Players can contribute to their team's play and simply get knockdown or assist credit.    I  would say regarding Dailies,  if you're going to require a kill, do not make it more than 1.  However, even better than that would be to either not focus on Kills at all and either A)  Require a small amount of Knockdowns - 1-3,, which is more doable but can still be tough or B)  Use the cumulative "Damage Done" requirement instead.   "Do X damage as W, Y, or Z"  still requires some skill and playtime,  but especially as it is cumulative  and can be spread out over many matches, it is much more reasonable.   Provided of course that the amount of damage required is relatively small.

When it comes to any Weekly  combat related challenge, I suggest lowering the requirements from their current measures by about 75%.  Asking for 15 Knockdowns  with LMGs for instance is better than asking for Kills, but that  still requires  that players find and equip a LMG  and are proficient enough / end up in a situation conducive to / are not up against a superior player  to get a knockdown.   5 Knockdowns with LMGs would be a better option, I think . (I know that is not 75%, but 66% is  close).      Same thing with any of the "Get X kills with  Q, W, Y or Z" and the like.   

Overall I think both Dailies and Weeklies  can, with some adjustment, be made more conducive to a wider audience.  Some may balk at making things "too easy", but  as I mentioned previously I don't think that is a major concern.  The game industry is rife with examples of  difficulty/time consumption/tediousness being scaled around the proficient and hardcore, in a game that benefits from or requires a wide audience, from shooters to MMOs etc. This results in the larger group of less proficient players, who influence everything from queue times and other population to investment,  to leave feeling that  progression in the game is not really possible for them; the idea that until you "git gud", don't expect any enjoyment or feeling of progression/reward.     A vocal minority of people with hundreds or thousands of kills and high ranked badges should not be the target for balancing Battle Pass  Daily/Weekly requirements, to avoid such a scenario.

I've concentrated on what you've asked here specifically but I think there are some other elements that could assist as well, from some of the things I mentioned earlier, to other quality of life improvements.  For instance,  I think it would be important to allow a single-or-group play "Shooting Gallery" mode that allows players to learn about all the varying weapons and abilities, including things like attachments and exactly what they do and how they "feel", among other features.   Being able to spawn  CPU bots of player-type characters with some basic AI -  stand still, move,  attack etc... will give players an opportunity to see what its like to really  hone their aim for instance.  The current Training is helpful for  the barest understanding of overall mechanics, but I'd like to see that separated  from a mode more about improving one's play  and a more granular understanding of the game.

Also, since I may have your attention for the moment I know its semi-unrelated but if I may,  could you please pass it up the chain  to investigate Linux compatibility?  While a native  Linux client would be ideal I know its unlikely, but I'm told that  as it is the game can run quite well using either Wine+certain supporting utilities (ie DXVK, winetricks etc) or Proton .    Unfortunately because of incompatibility with Easy AntiCheat and a few other issues, it isn't really possible to play Apex Legends as EAC will "bounce"  Linux players using WIne/Proton as unfamiliar.   A little development time unofficially checking out EAC and overall play/rendering via Wine/Proton would be  much appreciated.

Thanks!

Edit:  Lets go over my Dailies today...

1.  5 Kills with SMG  -   I've been playing for 1.5 hours and I don't have a single one.  Had a couple of knockdowns, but still not that many. One of the few finishers were only considered "assists".   As far as I'm concerned, this is pretty much impossible, especially as a daily.  A pinnacle of what I was talking about  the difficulty requirements - 5 KNOCKDOWNS I would consider more appropriate WEEKLY .  Kills? In a daily? With a specific weapon type?     Almost no chance in just playing randoms etc.

2. 100 Damage with Care Package Weapons  -   Now the 100 Damage is  (I think) reasonable. However, Care Package weapons?  In the over an hour I've already played today,  I've not gotten a single care package weapon.    Some games I never got to a care package, others didn't have a weapon in them, the few that did it was take by a squadmate etc..    This is one of those things that is highly RNG and situational just to GET a weapon, much less actually do damage with it.   Which brings me to

3.  Get 2 Kills with Care Package Weapons  - Take everything I said above, and multiply it by 1000.   Having to get and do damage with a care package weapon is a RNG/luck/situation challenge first, doing damage is another major step, but to actually get kills with that particular weapon?      Even more difficult .    You should probably keep away from any  dailies requiring  Care Package (Gold) items at all and minimize them for Weeklies, save for non-combat generalist, low requirement ones. A Weekly  like "Pick up a Gold item from a Care Package 2 Times" would be more likely the way to go.

Seeing the kind of dailies offered today, especially given how grindy and dependent on daily/weekly Season 2 feels, makes me disinclined to play and frustrated when I do.   Not all dailies are like this, but  there are far too many of them that are  a major impediment to enjoyment.

Also, I can't stress enough how much Season 2 would be improved by  NOT increasing the amount of Stars/XP for each  BattlePass Level required. Right now, just playing gives you very little, slow, grindy progress at all . Dailies and Weeklies should be "bonus" ways to speed up your Battle Pass leveling, NOT the primary way to level up at any reasonable rate. 

Message 28 of 30 (299 Views)

★★★ Guide
@EA_Blueberry It all depends, 5 kills might be impossible for some and easy for another. Some daily i just don't finish due to lack of time. 4 hours after work might not be enough, so i don't even bother with the hard/boring ones.
Message 29 of 30 (278 Views)

★★★★ Novice

To all the people complaining about cheating. I completely feel for you. Sadly I don't really know what its like for I play on xbox. Cheaters on that platform are so far and in-between that I don't even notice and just shrug it off as more then likely getting out played or even just a better player. 

If they don't fix it then this game will eventually go the way of pubg on pc. So for there sake and yours I hope they fix it.  

Message 30 of 30 (253 Views)