Re: Season 2 Battle Charge Begins! Patch Notes Here

by SpyrosFPS

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

For everyone who have HUD/UI Flickering, remove "cl_showfps" from the config or advanced startup settings and the flicker is gone.

Message 11 of 19 (1,206 Views)

Champion (Retired)

-Fixed issue where sometimes the client would crash to the Dashboard when entering character select on Xbox One.

This is not fixed my Ranked game just crashed to Dashboard when entering character select.

Also code net errors.

Message 12 of 19 (1,189 Views)

★ Guide

@EA_Blueberry @EA_David 

Awesome update! One bug that still affects me on XB1 is I melee between shots with Peacekeeper which makes me not want to use that gun, and I’m not pressing melee or anything so not sure why it is happening, but it results in a death sentence in CQC (has been happening since launch afaik), please look into this thanks!

Message 13 of 19 (1,184 Views)

Community Manager

@SpyrosFPS wrote:

-Fixed issue where sometimes the client would crash to the Dashboard when entering character select on Xbox One.

This is not fixed my Ranked game just crashed to Dashboard when entering character select.

Also code net errors.

@SpyrosFPS 

Have you tried a reinstall of the game? If you have the game installed on an external hard drive, make sure there aren't files on both the internal and external drive. That can cause some weird performance issues. A power cycle helps with dashboard crashes too. You might be suffering a standard caching issue that can be easily cleared up with these steps below.

Power Cycle the Console

1. Turn off the Xbox One console by pressing the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds until it shuts down completely.
  2. Unplug the console's power cable. Wait 10 seconds.

Important Be sure to wait 10 seconds. This step resets the power supply.

1. Plug the console power cable back in.
  2. Press the Xbox button on your console to turn on the Xbox One.

Clear Mac Address

1. Clear the MAC Address: From the Xbox dashboard select Settings>All Settings>Network>Network Settings>Advanced Settings>Alternate MAC address>Clear, then restart your Xbox.
Blueberry.png
Message 14 of 19 (1,178 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@EA_BlueberryThanks! Yes it might be just an Xbox One crash cache issue which is very rare to happen. I'll try these steps and I have to play more and see if it crashes often or not.

Code Leaf-Net errors are more important i hope devs figure it out.
It's strange cause i didn't have Leaf errors the first 3-4 months of Apex. For me launch of Apex was good without errors at least on Xbox one.
Also threads in forum indicate that the Leaf error started like 3-4 weeks ago. Maybe an old patch is the cause of this. I don't know but it's too late to rollback.

Message 15 of 19 (1,164 Views)

Community Manager

Small patch note addition from our own forums:

• Switched out header to include Wattson.
  • New set of avatars for Season 2 added.

NewAvatars.JPG

And there might even be a season 2 launch badge in store for you ... 

- Spectre, your friendly neighbourhood forum admin

Your friendly neighbourhood forum admin.

spectre.png
Message 16 of 19 (1,039 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hello I just have problems with this new tool tip of the patch:

• “Send Friend Request” tool-tip now shows up when hovering over teammates Banners while viewing the “Squad Eliminated” screen and “Squads” tab during a match.

Could you check that?  I did send friend request to few fun people this week with that tool while viewing the "Squad Eliminated" screen but I think they didn't receive any request from me and it's a pity because I feel like I lost those few randoms I added because forgot their username. In fact I did send like 2 or 3 friend request to the same user while we were grouping few games at the "Squad Eliminated" screen because the button was still avaiable for adding like it was not sent. Nevertheless there isn't any list of people which you sent a friend request making unable to find them.

I just added people with that tool-tip because I thought they receive my notification but they don't because after few days I have no clue of them and not any new friend.

I feel sad to be honest because after contacting EA/Origin service they could'nt provide me a list with the people I send friend request ingame, a game history which I could check my past group mates or even a chat log to find the name of the random people, wondering if they receive my request successfully.

It's hard to believe that we have to write down the people username to add them properly in this kind of games because I'm not sure that "Quality of Life" mentioned at the beginning of the post is not working well.

Message 17 of 19 (840 Views)

Champion

@EA_Blueberry  with regards to spyro's crashing issue. Can the same issue take place if you have transferred the game from hard drive to external HDD's? As I've recently started blue screening on loading screens on ps4 format.It isn't frequent enough to be a real problem but it's still a mild annoyance for friends having to wait for me to re load the game.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 18 of 19 (680 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@MandatoryIDtagDo you mean the known bug when you look at your new loading screen you've just unlocked in lobby or do you freeze/error when the game is loading the match? Internal/External doesn't matter i've tested both. 

Try to delete the reserved data in Apex application. If it happens again then it's the game's fault.

Message 19 of 19 (656 Views)