Scroll fire binds (Dev Help Needed)

by Evil_Mammoth_TTV

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Scroll fire binds (Dev Help Needed)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Uhh hi, I don't know how any of this works so bare with me. I need help with an ethical problem, and could use official mods of apex to help me resolve a question that I've been having. If I could talk with someone from the cheat staff that would be really helpful. But I'm looking for someone to answer weather or not scroll firing my gun is considered cheating. 

Tos states no use of third party programs like macros. But it does not go into specifics of key bindings, if I use my scroll wheel to fire my guns is this cheating?

Message 1 of 29 (3,226 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Scroll fire binds

Community Manager

From what I've heard back, this is fine, as long as it doesn't go above the standard achievable fire rate from clicking.

David.png
Stay and Play.png

View in thread

Message 18 of 29 (3,857 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@Evil_Mammoth_TTVHi, I don't work for EA, am just another member of this forum.

my reply is my personal point of view only and it doesn't reflect the opinion of any official staff at EA 
generally, any macros are against the rules but what you are aiming for by using the scroll to shoot I see as remapping which is fine ( ethically )
but on PC you have Anti-cheat software so if that thing detects what you did then most properly you will get banned under the term of cheating regardless of what the macros were used for.
my advice is to stay away and don't use it

Message 2 of 29 (3,201 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@Evil_Mammoth_TTV Do you have the hyperfast scrolling wheel on your mouse?

Besides using a scroll wheel isn't ideal I think. You would have to reset your finger after some time if you are using a gun like single-fire Hemlock? Never tried it myself tho.
Message 3 of 29 (3,189 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@BaldWraithSimp
@Evil_Mammoth_TTV
ah, I've seen these mice before with free scroll, if he is going to use it for a high rate of single fire then sure that will be banned.
especially that the whole lobby will know that someone is using a macro for very rapid single fire
Message 4 of 29 (3,185 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@BaldWraithSimpI have a G502, but for the single fire I don't use the free wheel it just goes to fast and wont read inputs anyways. I just scroll up and down. And it produces the same affect as if I were to write a macro, or tap fire as fast as humanly possible.

Message 5 of 29 (3,176 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@maximas1986 If it is to be banned so be it, But I am using in game binds, not any third party program to make the gun fire in such a way. It just makes everyone go wtf, and freak out, wining mind games in fire fights. But is that really cheating? I mean I would say it's more along the lines of cheese.
Message 6 of 29 (3,175 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@Evil_Mammoth_TTV Ah so you bind both scroll up and scroll down? That would be definitely termed as 'exploiting a feature of the game'. It is faster than left-clicking for sure and way more easier to do. But I am not a dev, so can't really say for sure.
I have seen some pros do tap-strafing with scroll wheel, and they aren't banned.
Message 7 of 29 (3,152 Views)

★★★ Expert

I don't think this is bannable. Personally, I think it's faster for me to spam the left mouse button than to scroll up and down. If Hemlok lets you shoot with SMG fire rate, that's either intended by the devs or a design flaw. I'd say the fast single fire rate is intended, to allow people with great mechanical skills to come forward. Or people using drum sticks and hand mixers on their keyboards. :D

Message 8 of 29 (3,140 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@BaldWraithSimp Well, this is why I bring up the topic. Tap-strafing, bunny hopping are probably much better uses for scroll binds. But would they also be cheating the game because it's not more legit to spam W key, or Space bar? Granted the reason for doing all this is reliability, you can't always time jump for b-hops, nor timings for tap-strafing. So is rebinding unfair in that context?
Message 9 of 29 (3,136 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@DoYaSeeMe Well I use scroll fire for 301 and Flatline, Hemlocks fire rate was reduced a while back. Clicking at a moderate pace is just fine, and the burst is just so much better then what it was. The gun was actually more overpowered in burst like a patch ago. As for the fire rate it is exactly bullet per bullet on part with full auto. Granted I don't have a library of video backing that up, but no one showing video evidence against either. Mechanical wise it's the same, and I am very good with the guns. But I seek an answer regardless.
Message 10 of 29 (3,128 Views)