Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Screen size issue

by IFoxxian

Original Post

Highlighted

Screen size issue

★ Novice

During the VIP demo, the game screen was bigger than my actual TV screen. The game was playable but I had to feel around on the buttons to figure out how it all worked. To this day I have no idea what anything said on the button maps lolol. Tried adjustilng my actual TV settings but that diddnt help. Hopefully that's an easy fix and not something impossible to work in on the finished product

Message 1 of 6 (104 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

@metalstorm517 wrote:

During the VIP demo, the game screen was bigger than my actual TV screen. The game was playable but I had to feel around on the buttons to figure out how it all worked. To this day I have no idea what anything said on the button maps lolol. Tried adjustilng my actual TV settings but that diddnt help. Hopefully that's an easy fix and not something impossible to work in on the finished product

Apparently its because you haven't matched the resolution with your TV, some friends of mine had the same issue and were able to sort it by adjusting the resolution setting in the xbox or resolution on their TV, sorry I just know its a resolution mismatch, not quite sure of the details. I would check first that the resolution settings in your xbox match your tv's capabilities, so make sure its not set on 4K if you don't have a 4K tv, 1080p if thats what your TV is etc.

Message 2 of 6 (91 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Pro

Sorry wasn't sure if you had xbox or PS, but the same would apply to the PS.

Message 3 of 6 (82 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Guide

I had this same issue where the game didnt quite fit my TV screen.. where as other games fit just fine.  So I am unsure if its my TV, the game, or my xbox.

Message 4 of 6 (73 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Pro

@IFoxxian wrote:

I had this same issue where the game didnt quite fit my TV screen.. where as other games fit just fine.  So I am unsure if its my TV, the game, or my xbox.

Check that your xbox settings match your TV, I suspect its because there are no resolution settings in the console version of the game, a lot other games tend to have resolution settings that auto match your screen capabilities, I have a One X and a 4K tv and I have noticed with games that ask you to set the borders, that I never have to adjust anything as my xbox and TV are matched. One of my friends has the One S and they just changed the resolution settings to match his TV and he finally got to see the loading bar and the top half of the compass.

Message 5 of 6 (71 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Guide

@Haruchai01 wrote:

@IFoxxian wrote:

Check that your xbox settings match your TV, I suspect its because there are no resolution settings in the console version of the game, a lot other games tend to have resolution settings that auto match your screen capabilities, I have a One X and a 4K tv and I have noticed with games that ask you to set the borders, that I never have to adjust anything as my xbox and TV are matched. One of my friends has the One S and they just changed the resolution settings to match his TV and he finally got to see the loading bar and the top half of the compass.

I will have to remember to look into that.

Message 6 of 6 (61 Views)
Twitter Stream